Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where you feeling the clunk in the front floorboard/pedal area before the dealer replaced the right rear shock?
The clunk was coming from the rear, nothing from the front. I would only hear it driving over bumps going slow. I noticed a small leak and took it to the dealer and they swapped out the shock.

multirider

Reaction score
I have 50 miles on my new dream raptor and also just heard a slight clunk noise in the rear… just after I was saying “hats off to the ford performance engineering department” I’ve only heard it once so far and it was when I was braking and coming to a stop. It’s definitely at the rear! Dang…. Hope to see something from this.

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to Raptor Assault this week and drove a 2022 37” Raptor with only 500 miles on it, but it was solid and silent compared to my 2021 35” truck.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 50 miles on my new dream raptor and also just heard a slight clunk noise in the rear… just after I was saying “hats off to the ford performance engineering department” I’ve only heard it once so far and it was when I was braking and coming to a stop. It’s definitely at the rear! Dang…. Hope to see something from this.

That's how it starts and before you know it, clunk, clunk clunk, clunk with additional sound effects.

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it drive line slack? My truck does that fairly often. Feels like the truck got kicked in the a-hole. It always happens coasting to a stop as I get to 7 mph. And if I put it in neutral and coast it will do it nearly every time.

Bmwtech113

Reaction score
The clunk was coming from the rear, nothing from the front. I would only hear it driving over bumps going slow. I noticed a small leak and took it to the dealer and they swapped out the shock.
Did you ever jump on the rear bumper to see if yours clunked like other people have done on here? If so, after the right rear was replaced, does it still clunk when doing that “test”?
Mine clunks when I jump on the rear bumper but the noise I hear while driving is in the front.