Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jsousa67

Reaction score
Sure will but it’s definitely the rear shocks because it clunks driving off curbs and when you bounce up and down on the rear bumper

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Gen 3 started clunking as I left the dealership parking lot.Going in on the 15th to have it fixed also I work at the dealership that is fixing and they hate when I tell them what to look at.
Same lol

OP
OP
S

Shaheen J

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on a fix? Little bit of duct tape? Or WD-40?? My dealership is going to tell me it's normal again.
Here you go; front driveshaft going into the transfer case.
So do you feel and hear it on acceleration? If you throw it in neutral while rolling does it make the noise? I’m going to check mine out later today and see if I also have that problem

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do you feel and hear it on acceleration? If you throw it in neutral while rolling does it make the noise? I’m going to check mine out later today and see if I also have that problem
I tested it out tonight in neutral and it is even more noticable. I usually feel it with acceleration.

katchup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Gen 3 started clunking as I left the dealership parking lot.Going in on the 15th to have it fixed also I work at the dealership that is fixing and they hate when I tell them what to look at.
Keep us posted!

OP
OP
S

Shaheen J

Reaction score
Here is my update….

Fox is 18 months out from supplying parts to Ford for warranty repairs. Ford has escalated to Fox and the response has been you can’t get blood out of a stone.

So for those like me with a clunking sound coming from your rear shocks, we are screwed until spring/summer of 2023.

For anyone buying a new Raptor, before you take delivery, jump up and down on the rear bumper. If you hear a knocking/clunking sound coming from under the bed, consider passing on your purchase unless you are willing to live with a clunking sound that will drive you nuts for 18 months. Or be content to pay 6k and wait for someone other than fox to offer aftermarket shocks for your truck. King is also several months out so there aren’t great choices here on these defective Gen3 Raptors.

Keep in mind for everyone now with 2022 orders, the shocks are unchanged. Whatever the defect is with Fox, you will likely have this problem so check your truck before you sign your purchase agreement.