Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My appointment isn't until May. I don't live near any dealers so it's a bit of a production.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone take delivery recently of a '22 that still has this issue? I read through many pages but not all, sounds like there is not a clear cut fix yet. or hopefully I missed it and someone can make fun of me and tell me the fix.

jpl291

Reaction score
Mine has the issue. Picked up a few weeks ago.

Any consensus on a fix?

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Just like the 6.4 Diesels shooting fire out of the exhaust was normal
That’s a feature, not a bug !

I had an old ZX11 I rebuilt, bored, stroked, cams, ported head, etc., etc. First run on the dyno I’m standing outside sipping coffee and jawing with the shop owner as they warm up. They do the first pull, and on decel, she starts spitting fire 30 FEET out of the muffler. I looked at the owner and said “We need to keep that”

Sadly... once tuned, it was much more tame...

2022 Ruth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have given up on my issue. In the market for a 7.3 Superduty. Man those are just as hard to find as anything else.

Bmwtech113

Reaction score
My dealer heard the noise but isn’t really wanting to replace any parts. I’m trying to be patient but I’ve about had all I can take of the clunk. I believe that this might be a strut mount issue. I’ve used chassis ears and the noise is definitely the loudest on the spring and strut mount area.
So today I ordered a new strut mount to replace it myself. They said the mount is on back order until May 4th.
I know this information isn’t really all that helpful but since the mount is on back order, maybe Ford is aware of an issue.