Climate control auto fan speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdof15

Reaction score
Hot day, truck sitting in sun for a while. Controls set to a/c on, fan speed limit is in high, temp set to 62 -- a/c is not blowing max air. If i tap the manual fan speed button "up" it appears the fan was on 4 or 5, not 7 (max).

I do not recall this happening last summer.

Am I off here?

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure my 2023 has always been like that. Because the fan is definitely louder on Max then on the 3rd Auto position even on a blistering hot day.

OP
OP
G

gdof15

Reaction score
I woulda thunk I'd a noticed it last summer. Maybe I need to get woked.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure my 2023 has always been like that. Because the fan is definitely louder on Max then on the 3rd Auto position even on a blistering hot day.
Same here on the 2022. The auto feature (all 3 lights on) is lower fan speed than max AC or the up arrow all the way.

OP
OP
G

gdof15

Reaction score
Thanks all. I wore out my 2011 gen 1...kinda regret not keeping it anyway, but honestly my complaints about the gen 3 aren't anything serious. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't malfunctioning.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man I hate this AC so much. The tinting of all windows has helped a lot. I can’t believe some people are still driving even without a clear ceramic tint on the windows.