AC Fan Speed Randomly Changes - Non Auto Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsimon77

Reaction score
Wondering if anybody else has noticed this. It's seems to happen 1 time per long trip (~2 hours)

- NOT in Auto Mode
- Temp = Low
- Fan Speed = 1

So all is normal and then all the sudden the air will start to come out more powerful. Fan speed still says it's at 1 but feels like it's coming out at a 2 or 3. This will last for a few minutes then it will go back to normal. This has happened on each of my 4 drives that are longer than 2 hours. No rhyme or reason it happened.

Thanks!

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did an 8 hour, 600 mile road trip yesterday and had this happen. Never stopped blowing air, but a couple of time it increased fan speed significantly for a couple minutes for no reason.

Doesn’t really bother me, but I would like to know why it happened

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it has to do with the battery charging system?
I'm wondering this also. I was having an issue yesterday having the fan motor blow fast. It just felt like 1 at speed 7...tried shutting truck off and HVAC and didn't fix immediately. I did notice a "Low power mode" on the big center infotainment screen. It was subtle and quick but I caught it in the upper left corner I believe.

OP
OP
J

jsimon77

Reaction score
Just did an 8 hour, 600 mile road trip yesterday and had this happen. Never stopped blowing air, but a couple of time it increased fan speed significantly for a couple minutes for no reason.

Doesn’t really bother me, but I would like to know why it happened
Yes exactly. Didn't bother me but it was strange and trying to figure out why...