Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have the right to deny warranty at will on any for anything. Sure, it’s not right, BUT that makes an even more uphill battle to fight. Why mess with it?

Because America.... that's why.
Sasquach your the ideal subject for a dictatorship.

ursusmajor

Reaction score
Installed it yesterday and it sure feels like it added something. Since 93 oct is readily available, I went to the 2-1 setting. Real quick: Where are people mounting the chip? I ended up zip-tying it to the wire harnesses to the left of the engine against the firewall...don't know if this is a good spot or not...

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed it yesterday and it sure feels like it added something. Since 93 oct is readily available, I went to the 2-1 setting. Real quick: Where are people mounting the chip? I ended up zip-tying it to the wire harnesses to the left of the engine against the firewall...don't know if this is a good spot or not...

Is the install straight forward I heard it doesn’t have instructions. Also is that the middle or highest setting ?

ursusmajor

Reaction score
Although there aren't any instructions per se, you really can't mess it up. Just look at the pictures and match the wire harness with the appropriate letter (A or B on the picture), unplug the factory, plug the chipwerke plug where the factory was and then plug the factory back into the chipwerke plug - do this for front and back and you're done - 3 minutes tops. I wouldn't bother removing the engine cover - not needed and doesn't really provide any more room than what you start with.

I believe there are 3 total settings that are programmed but in speaking with Bianna from Chipwerkes support, she informed me not exceed 2-1 (left dial #2, right dial #1) with 93 octane so I'm taking her advice. It shipped with 1-1 already set.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although there aren't any instructions per se, you really can't mess it up. Just look at the pictures and match the wire harness with the appropriate letter (A or B on the picture), unplug the factory, plug the chipwerke plug where the factory was and then plug the factory back into the chipwerke plug - do this for front and back and you're done - 3 minutes tops. I wouldn't bother removing the engine cover - not needed and doesn't really provide any more room than what you start with.

I believe there are 3 total settings that are programmed but in speaking with Bianna from Chipwerkes support, she informed me not exceed 2-1 (left dial #2, right dial #1) with 93 octane so I'm taking her advice. It shipped with 1-1 already set.

I couldn’t find the adjustment dials anywhere - where did u see them?

Also I’m running 91 oct - should I even change it from the 1-1 setting anyway?

ursusmajor

Reaction score
I couldn’t find the adjustment dials anywhere - where did u see them?

To access the dials, remove the silver torx screws to left and right of the serial plug on the Chipwerke body. BE CAREFUL - DO NOT STRIP THEM!!!

Once removed, slide the circuit board out and you'll see them at the bottom of the board. You're going to need a very small screwdriver - I used a jeweler screwdriver set from Harbor Freight.

Also I’m running 91 oct - should I even change it from the 1-1 setting anyway?

I really can't speak to that as the info for my chip was provided because I told them to set it up for both 91 and 93. Prior to shipment, they called and spoke with me about it. This might be the default settings but I would definitely ask customer service.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In and of itself, the pedal commander doesn’t “void the warranty” in as much as any systems not affected by the unit is still covered. What exactly would a pedal commander void? As many have said here on FRF.... they will just mash the gas pedal harder. I could certainly see if someone got a bunch of error codes because of a poor connection, took it to the dealer and the dealer said ‘your pedal commander wasn’t connected all the way. We connected the throttle cable back, that will be $121.00 ... Yup. Legit.

If however you brought your truck into the dealer with say, windshield wipers not working and they say ‘hey, you got a pedal commander. NO WARRANTY FOR YOU!’.

no, that won’t fly. Not that some dealers and techs wouldn’t try it, but they cannot legally deny you warranty coverage on something modified that is totally unrelated.

If you are so confident, leave it on when making an engine or transmission warranty claim and see what happens.

Ford employs people whose sole purpose is finding reasons to deny warranty claims. Chipwerke/Pedal Commander won't affect a windshield wiper warranty claim, but I'm sure Ford would be thrilled if you gave them a legitimate and legal excuse to deny replacing your transmission.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are so confident, leave it on when making an engine or transmission warranty claim and see what happens.

Ford employs people whose sole purpose is finding reasons to deny warranty claims. Chipwerke/Pedal Commander won't affect a windshield wiper warranty claim, but I'm sure Ford would be thrilled if you gave them a legitimate and legal excuse to deny replacing your transmission.

The chipwerke module and the pedal commander are two different storys all together. Id have absolutely no problem leaving a pedal commander on. But anything that adds any power in any way will cause you a hassle for sure with the warranty hawks... but the PC isn't going to be a problem

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The chipwerke module and the pedal commander are two different storys all together. Id have absolutely no problem leaving a pedal commander on. But anything that adds any power in any way will cause you a hassle for sure with the warranty hawks... but the PC isn't going to be a problem

All it takes is a memo from a Ford engineer claiming the aggressive nature the Pedal Commander's throttle response puts undue loads on the engine and transmission that exceeds normal design usage. That's all it takes to get your warranty claim thrown out of court. (you wouldn't have spent $300 on the device if mashing the pedal produced the same effect)

And don't expect the dealer to be on your side. He makes a lot more money if you pay for repairs since Ford gets a heavily discounted shop rate and no markup for parts on warranty jobs.

Monkey with your truck all you want, just don't be surprised if problems arise and Ford denies your warranty claim.