Chicagoland Shop Day/Perch Party

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any interest for those that didn't get the mid perch adjustment? I have found a shop and he will do the post allignments for $60.00.

Donk74 offered his assistance....waiting to hear back from him. I'm looking at the 18th of November, Wilmington area if there is enough interest.

P.S., best pizza in the area is in Wilmington....Fox's.

P.S.S., this can be a meet too. We'll need the experience and tools in attendance to get this done quickly and correctly. I may even buy the pies :party28:

Last edited:
OP
OP
shooterAMG

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great idea KNINE. I'll be out of town, so I won't be available.

My advice, do a perch adjustment and then let the shop take a shot at it. The first shop I tried said they couldn't do it without a camber kit. We took it somewhere else and they were able to do it. I also took mine to a Firestone and they did it with no problem. Just saying that it might be over their head. Or have a backup shop that you can trust. Just speaking from my experience.

Good luck and have fun. PM me if you and Donk want to chat on the phone, I'll share my experience with the 3 I've done.

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any interest for those that didn't get the mid perch adjustment? I have found a shop and he will do the post allignments for $60.00.

Donk74 offered his assistance....waiting to hear back from him. I'm looking at the 18th of November, Wilmington area if there is enough interest.

P.S., best pizza in the area is in Wilmington....Fox's.

P.S.S., this can be a meet too. We'll need the experience and tools in attendance to get this done quickly and correctly. I may even buy the pies :party28:

Disregard. I am not going to be available the weekend of the 18th so I will not be working any further on this.

That being said, where can I go to get my mid perch done?

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i can do it for you or if you want to pay a shop don't go to a ford dealer they want like 400 to 500 for it. It really only takes about an hour or so to do it. Shooter can do it quickly as well i was over at his place one time and he did a great job at it on another blue truck and then his a few days later.

OP
OP
shooterAMG

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate you Tim!

Yes knine, I can help. I returned my spring compressors, but you can get them local.

Elwood is WAY the hell out in the middle of nowhere! If you want to get a pair of spring compressors, meaning two complete sets, and drive up here, Tim AKA svtlighting00, can probably help you out. The passenger side took me 20 minutes when I did mine, the drivers side takes a bit longer due to the orientation of the shock tower. Still was done under 45 minutes on the driver's side. I'm going to Florida for two weeks this friday, so it'll have to be late November or early December if you want my help.

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha yeah yeah well i was just saying that you can do it. I was saying it is not hard to do just take your time and anyone can make it happen. If anyone needs help let me know but if you are out in the middle of the country send me a pm and i will walk you threw it. Have fun in the warm weather there Todd. And when you get back we will have to talk about the trip for snowball. I might not be going early so we might be able to drive up together trying to get my rack before hand so i can have it all on and set to go before the run. We will talk more later about it.

OP
OP
shooterAMG

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No worries Tim-Bo!

knine, it is pretty easy, but doing it hands on is a big help to becoming proficient. I don't mind helping out if you don't mind coming up here. There are two shops that have done alignments near me that can get you ready to go before you head home.

jeff1889

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am new to the off road world and not very familiar with the finer details. I am looking for help with the mid perch and don't trust just going to a shop and letting them figure it out. I live in Willowbrook and am willing to travel to get help. Thanks in advance and look forward to meeting more Raptor owners.
Thanks

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am new to the off road world and not very familiar with the finer details. I am looking for help with the mid perch and don't trust just going to a shop and letting them figure it out. I live in Willowbrook and am willing to travel to get help. Thanks in advance and look forward to meeting more Raptor owners.
Thanks

If you can wait until the spring, we will likely have another group mid perch day.

If you want to get it done now, you can bring it to any respectable mechanic that does suspension work and shoot me a PM so I can give you some details. Its a very straight forward/easy job, No parts involved..All Labor.

jeff1889

Reaction score
If you can wait until the spring, we will likely have another group mid perch day.

If you want to get it done now, you can bring it to any respectable mechanic that does suspension work and shoot me a PM so I can give you some details. Its a very straight forward/easy job, No parts involved..All Labor.

Thanks BigBlue, I am looking to get it done before Snoball run. I will ask around the local shops and see what they say.