*Cheap & Easy* Red Stripe Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAS RPTR

Reaction score
Buying a new steering wheel is NOT an option I want to do for a worn, red (painted) piece of leather...so, fix it @ minimal cost! (I am in no way a good photographer) Here's all you need to do - the shadows make it look blotchy, or my camera work, but I assure you it's back to red and this red matches and blends very well. I mean, women do it all the time on their shoes, right??
My application is (3) light coats - I may just make it a routine since Ford decided to utilize cheap, leather paint themselves (true dyed leather is colored all the way through):
Thanks for this! Mine is not perfect but a heck of a lot better. The marker works!

OP
OP
Wraith SRT

Wraith SRT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're welcome. NO issues since doing this to mine since March...looks the same way now as when I originally posted!

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buying a new steering wheel is NOT an option I want to do for a worn, red (painted) piece of leather...so, fix it @ minimal cost! (I am in no way a good photographer) Here's all you need to do - the shadows make it look blotchy, or my camera work, but I assure you it's back to red and this red matches and blends very well. I mean, women do it all the time on their shoes, right??
My application is (3) light coats - I may just make it a routine since Ford decided to utilize cheap, leather paint themselves (true dyed leather is colored all the way through):
I didn't like that the painters tape took some of the black with it when removed, next time I'm going to do the application without tape. Very happy with the two coats that I did put on. Good call

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
does anyone know if the red stripe ever came from the factory 2010+ in a different color?
gen1 did not come in any other color but red. there are some orange gen2 wheels..

i put a silver one on my old silver truck...did you end up with it?