*Cheap & Easy* Red Stripe Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Wraith SRT

Wraith SRT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, it's the one thing that has bothered me on this truck since I bought it, other than the ****** sound system...to be rectified shortly as well!

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buying a new steering wheel is NOT an option I want to do for a worn, red (painted) piece of leather...so, fix it @ minimal cost! (I am in no way a good photographer) Here's all you need to do - the shadows make it look blotchy, or my camera work, but I assure you it's back to red and this red matches and blends very well. I mean, women do it all the time on their shoes, right??
My application is (3) light coats - I may just make it a routine since Ford decided to utilize cheap, leather paint themselves (true dyed leather is colored all the way through):
Did you clean it first?

OP
OP
Wraith SRT

Wraith SRT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was fading too, i just ordered a new steering cover for like 40 bucks from east detailing since the leather on my wheel was getting that gloss look to it.
You can use cleaner and conditioner to restore the wheel to damn near new looking...I'd personally remove the cover. As for the stripe, since it's NOT dyed through, this is a quick, easy, lasting way that is just too easy to do.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can use cleaner and conditioner to restore the wheel to damn near new looking...I'd personally remove the cover. As for the stripe, since it's NOT dyed through, this is a quick, easy, lasting way that is just too easy to do.
i did, even with some soapy agitation with a pad and other stuff just wouldnt come out. Plus wanted a "new" look anyway and i dont mind stitching, cant tell its a cover.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buying a new steering wheel is NOT an option I want to do for a worn, red (painted) piece of leather...so, fix it @ minimal cost! (I am in no way a good photographer) Here's all you need to do - the shadows make it look blotchy, or my camera work, but I assure you it's back to red and this red matches and blends very well. I mean, women do it all the time on their shoes, right??
My application is (3) light coats - I may just make it a routine since Ford decided to utilize cheap, leather paint themselves (true dyed leather is colored all the way through):
How many miles on that wheel? I am at 50K and my red stripe is pristine. Wash your hands maybe?