Cheap and quick cubby light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Came across these on Amazon and for what they are works decently well. Just a RGB led that plugs into a usb slot. Since the truck has wireless charging and CarPlay I really see no usage for the usb slot. If I need it, I simply unplug the light. Can color cycle, adjust brightness, or select whichever color you’d like. Cheap and solves a problem for that area being dark as hell at night. Wanted to pass it along.

Ouzorp 2 Pcs Mini USB LED Light, 8 Colors RGB Car LED Interior Lighting DC 5V Smart USB LED Atmosphere Light Laptop Keyboard Light Home Office Decoration Night Lamp Adjustable Brightness https://a.co/d/7eJZj69

Attachments

• BDD8F987-43E8-4013-AB5D-981566D81AD4.jpeg
    BDD8F987-43E8-4013-AB5D-981566D81AD4.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 195

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe so yes, that port should be tied to aux power.
Can you confirm this please? If so, you are a life saver.

Also, how close does this come to the ambient lighting already in the truck?

The USB port there i believe is for wired apple carplay.

Last edited:

Juanitobunito

Reaction score
Came across these on Amazon and for what they are works decently well. Just a RGB led that plugs into a usb slot. Since the truck has wireless charging and CarPlay I really see no usage for the usb slot. If I need it, I simply unplug the light. Can color cycle, adjust brightness, or select whichever color you’d like. Cheap and solves a problem for that area being dark as hell at night. Wanted to pass it along.

Ouzorp 2 Pcs Mini USB LED Light, 8 Colors RGB Car LED Interior Lighting DC 5V Smart USB LED Atmosphere Light Laptop Keyboard Light Home Office Decoration Night Lamp Adjustable Brightness https://a.co/d/7eJZj69
Very cool and great find! What color is closet to stock interior color?

OP
OP
DevilisintheDetail
Reaction score
Can you confirm this please? If so, you are a life saver.

Also, how close does this come to the ambient lighting already in the truck?

The USB port there i believe is for wired apple carplay.
So I just remembered to check on this, while it doesn't appear to shut off as soon as the truck shuts off the light does in fact "time out" after awhile. It was still on after I had my truck off for a minute or so but an hour or so later I happened to check again and the light was off. So I'm not sure why it wouldn't shut off right after the truck is off (and lights all dim) but then shuts off after the fact. I also made sure to check this while not having the key on me so the truck wouldn't sense it and automitcally light up.

I have it set to a blue-ish color and I think it matches the footwell and doors lights well. Take it for what it is, a $10 plug in light that serves the purpose of lighting up a dark cubby area.

Last edited:

Juanitobunito

Reaction score
I would call it a cyan color. I think thats been what the industry standard for the bluish-green hue has been for the last several years prior to RGBs. Is it a perfect match? No. But for $10 I'm not going to nitpick.
Just got mine in the mail and put it in. Color is very close and close enough for me. Great find!!