Chase Rack Designs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thinking through rack designs. trying to weigh pros and cons of each. i basically have it narrowed down to 5 different styles.

bed floor mount options:
A- top bar runs in front of the 3rd brake light but has a "tunnel" out of 1/4 plate that interupts the top bar so you can see the brake light
B- top bar runs above the thrid brake light. this would be useful for mounting lights that see over the hood. but is unnecessary for this truck since it has front roof mounted lights.
C- top bar is under the 3rd brake light. but creates kind of a "squaty" look imo.

bedrail mount with bed floor supports:
D- drops the long slanted bars that connect to the bed and instead rides on the bed rails but then also has the added supports that run to the floor so the rack is holding the bedsides in place vs the bedsides being the main mount point...

thoughts opinions....? personally i like A the best...

BED1.JPG

BED2.JPG

BED3.JPG

BED5.JPG

LaytonW12

Reaction score
Personally, I think D with the top bar of A. Something about a tubing member running from the bedside to the top of the cab can really sell the look of the truck being caged. Couple that with your absolutely crazy and awesome light rack you built and that will be one hell of a good look. All my opinion though!

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I think D with the top bar of A. Something about a tubing member running from the bedside to the top of the cab can really sell the look of the truck being caged. Couple that with your absolutely crazy and awesome light rack you built and that will be one hell of a good look. All my opinion though!
Yes I was thinking the same thing to note I have zero intention on running two vertical spare 39” tires so the front portion of the bed is free. I feel like the two slanted bars to mid bed then block off that whole area. It makes sense if you put tires there but yeah feel like it might just be “wasted” space

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A is stupid
B is stupid
C is stupid
You can figure out the rest. Sorry I'm in a pissy mood after watching the news on tv and seeing crossdressers dancing in the streets celebrating. I think I saw @Oldfart in the mix there!

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you mentioned in this thread that your not interested in running duel spares so is this cage gonna be functional or just looks? I designed the cage myself and with the help of a buddies shop put this together for my baja trips. One detail my buddie added to the design was following the forward angle of the cab while also following the shape of the cab / window line. Looked like it belonged / flowed with the trucks lines. Sorry if the pics don't show that real well, sold the Gen 1. I set this cage up so you could still get a dirt bike in between the tires when not using the removable cooler rack. Everything was designed to be locked down secure as theft can be an issue in baja yet while on the trail you still had access to the beer & water coolers without removing them. 20180114_164324.jpg

20180114_163729.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter