Ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorUSN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with Ballistic on this one. I went with SunTek PPF full hood, full front, rockers, a-pillars, mirrors, tailgate, fenders, and the rest of the truck is done in Cquartz UK. I do not recommend putting coating on top of any self healing films because it actually has reverse effects on the hydrophobic properties. Every other wash I also apply CarPro's Reload to extend the life and shine of the coating. Film ~2k and coating $400 (paint did not need any correction)

lars464

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had body, glass, and wheels (inside and outside) done with Cquartz the day after I took delivery. Paint correction was needed. $1200.00 for everything. This is by far the best thing I have done to this vehicle.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow. You guys sure spent a lot. I got some McQuires wax at Walmart for under $10.

Even though it took me 45 min to wax last year, I think it's holding up well. But may have to reapply in the spring.

Pretty sure when I sell in a few years I'll get top value too.

infantrytroop22

Reaction score
Does that mean people aren't entitled to take care of it in the manner they see fit?

Yep, that’s exactly what it means. Haha. Chill out, Man. I was just giving the OP a hard time. But it’s a truck, and a truck that is made to be taken off-road. A few blemishes here and there isn’t the end of the world, IMO. It’s cool that people buy these to be pavement princesses, but I like to use my vehicles for their intended purposes. That said, I would die if I got a scratch on my other vehicles, so defineily understand the OCD tendencies...

So that I actually add some value here...my buddy has ceramic coating on one of his cars, and the thing is soooo easy to wash. Probably worth it if it’s not too expensive.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, that’s exactly what it means. Haha. Chill out, Man. I was just giving the OP a hard time. But it’s a truck, and a truck that is made to be taken off-road. A few blemishes here and there isn’t the end of the world, IMO. It’s cool that people buy these to be pavement princesses, but I like to use my vehicles for their intended purposes. That said, I would die if I got a scratch on my other vehicles, so defineily understand the OCD tendencies...

So that I actually add some value here...my buddy has ceramic coating on one of his cars, and the thing is soooo easy to wash. Probably worth it if it’s not too expensive.

Id say more like a suv with wet storage... God forbid you do truck stuff with it... but in seriousness ceramic coating is awesome technology and may very well be better suited to provide protection for a "truck" than a babied exotic. Just a bit pricey.

infantrytroop22

Reaction score
Id say more like a suv with wet storage... God forbid you do truck stuff with it... but in seriousness ceramic coating is awesome technology and may very well be better suited to provide protection for a "truck" than a babied exotic. Just a bit pricey.

That’s a good point. I don’t have ceramic coating on my Lamborghini, but it stays perfect because I baby the hell out of it. Would actually probably make more sense on a truck.