Ceramic Coating & PPF Cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XPEL

Reaction score
Here's a question: Has anyone ceramic coated their fenders? I'm about to start applying the coating, and am wondering if I should coat the fenders as well. They're not painted, like the rest of the areas I plan to apply coating to.... So wondering if anyone else has done or had their fenders done.

Thanks.

Yes, you can absolutely coat your fenders too. A lot of Raptor owners will have our STEALTH satin clear bra installed on the fenders and then have a ceramic coating applied to the top of that for the best of both worlds.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can absolutely coat your fenders too. A lot of Raptor owners will have our STEALTH satin clear bra installed on the fenders and then have a ceramic coating applied to the top of that for the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the reply. I wound up applying the coating to pretty much every non-plastic or glass part of the truck. So fenders and bumpers got a coating too.

I can certainly see why it's as expensive as it is though... All in the process probably took north of 22 hours: Strip wash, iron removal, clay bar, two stage paint correction, two ceramic coats, ceramic boost.

XPEL

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I wound up applying the coating to pretty much every non-plastic or glass part of the truck. So fenders and bumpers got a coating too.

I can certainly see why it's as expensive as it is though... All in the process probably took north of 22 hours: Strip wash, iron removal, clay bar, two stage paint correction, two ceramic coats, ceramic boost.

Awesome, glad you got it worked out. And absolutely, it can be quite the process when done correctly.

Raptor Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many scratches will you live with before deciding to do that? I’ve got none.
Hopefully my first couple of scratches won't be life changing...and I can buff them out...don't get me wrong if that's what it takes to protect some metal and some paint...go for it...sounds great but I had rather spend that $6500 on another toy...
Or my wife;)

Fury Road

Reaction score

Worth coating everything non plastic. As far as xpel for the fender flares I’ll probably pass. Rest of fenders and front end will do.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $800 for my ceramic coating from the dealer.

Did that include paint correction? (e.g. Iron removal, clay barring, two stage cutting/polishing)

The cheapest quote I got was $1,500, and that was only a single stage of paint correction. I can't imagine a dealer being price competitive with everything that goes into full CC.