Ceramic Coating & PPF Cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XPEL

Reaction score
Calling out xpel rep on frf, sam and pbr have declared your entire database of patterns and 1000 of countless hours designing partial hood and fender patterns worthless. Time to shutdown xpel dap.

Enjoy the knife cuts in your new paint. Hope your installer has ninja like blade skills.

For the installation on the full hood, it can be much easier to do a bulk piece (just for the full hood) as it gives you more material to stretch into place since you can grab and pull on the edges without worrying about damaging the material that will be left on the hood. There isn't much trimming on the paint at all with the full Raptor hood with the exception of the hood vent area.

We are 100% confident in our XPEL DAP pattern database.

PDT905

Reaction score
Xpel or Llumar Platinum? I have an appointment for ppf and ceramic coating next month and can choose between these two ppf products.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Calling out xpel rep on frf, sam and pbr have declared your entire database of patterns and 1000 of countless hours designing partial hood and fender patterns worthless. Time to shutdown xpel dap.

Enjoy the knife cuts in your new paint. Hope your installer has ninja like blade skills.

What are you babbling about. You don't think Xpel has a pattern for a full hood? They make partials to accommodate budgets that don't want a full wrap. You obviously have not seen a competent installer does his job. Go to SEMA and watch some of the installs and get back to me when you have educated yourself a little more.

Sam

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you babbling about. You don't think Xpel has a pattern for a full hood? They make partials to accommodate budgets that don't want a full wrap. You obviously have not seen a competent installer does his job. Go to SEMA and watch some of the installs and get back to me when you have educated yourself a little more.

Sam
Exactly, the guy was looking for something cheaper, so I suggested a 24 in hood like on my truck. You said full hood is the only way. No partial installs or it looks like scratches.

I do my own installs for fun and I make my owns patterns. I only use xpel dap when I don't feel like making a template or it's too complex. For example, the Raptor front bumper has complex curves, so I bought the front bumper and grill pattern. I've had 2 professional installers cut my paint. Once in 2008 and once in 2014. So now make my own patterns and install it myself.

I'm a little educated with ppf, I've done 12 of my cars. Here are my rear bumper and rear lower panels I made from custom patterns in xpel stealth. Hand cut patterns with perfect lines and no knife anywhere near my paint.

rearbump1.jpg

rearbumper.jpg

rearqtr.jpg

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found in local shop in Downey, California that charges $1500 for the entire hood, fenders, bumpers, lights and side view mirrors. They use XPEL. They also charge $1300 for Ceramic Pro Gold. I'm scheduled to get mine coated on Monday. Will take 3 to 4 days. Best price I've found in SoCal.

whats there location and #

PBR ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Now in English

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XPEL

Reaction score
Xpel or Llumar Platinum? I have an appointment for ppf and ceramic coating next month and can choose between these two ppf products.

We may be a bit biased but we vote XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS. :cool:

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a question: Has anyone ceramic coated their fenders? I'm about to start applying the coating, and am wondering if I should coat the fenders as well. They're not painted, like the rest of the areas I plan to apply coating to.... So wondering if anyone else has done or had their fenders done.

Thanks.