Ceramic Coating & PPF Cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
The Xpel covers light swirling and it is not visible through the film.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Xpel covers light swirling and it is not visible through the film.

Very true. The Xpel on my Leadfoot really enhances the color. As far as ceramic coating the Xpel? I think it’s a waste of money. Did it on my Black SD and wouldn’t do it again.

Sam

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Very true. The Xpel on my Leadfoot really enhances the color. As far as ceramic coating the Xpel? I think it’s a waste of money. Did it on my Black SD and wouldn’t do it again.

Sam

Agreed. "Full correction" under Xpel and Ceramic over the top just helps justify the $4k labour costs. Plenty of good easy to apply DIY sealants for over the film.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The few places I stop by wanted 5500-7500 for xpel matte film. But it was the entire truck.....
If you are in AZ stay away from notorious in Scottsdale, gave them a try with tint before dropping big dollars for ppf, they are a ******* joke

jguerra004

Reaction score
This is an absurd post. The Xpel jumped right out of the box and installed itself???? Causing bubbles and dirt???? This has to be a joke. Of course Xpel would tell you it is the installers issue. It IS. The Xpel is a great product. Sub standard installation of anything is not going to yield satisfactory results.

Sam
Easy fella, just because I am saying that my purchase/install with Xpel was bad is not reason to call it absurd. I’m glad others have had a good experience, but I didn’t and got no help from Xpel or my installer after numerous tries. To spend the kind of money we do for this product without any recourse shows a flaw in their business practice and quality control needs to be addressed with their installers.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had to comment fellas... I’m sorry. It’s a truck, a Ford vehicle at that. Anyone is hard pressed to try and justify $2000-4000 in wrap/coating costs.

It won’t bring more dollars on resale, and don’t give me “it’s easier to clean. For that cost you could pay someone to detail it and someone to polish and wax it for you over your ownership term.

These products are like snake oil... retailers and installers are making a killing with the promise of protection and ease of cleaning. People have been washing, polishing, and waxing/sealing vehicles for a long time with no issues. It’s an expensive solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had to comment fellas... I’m sorry. It’s a truck, a Ford vehicle at that. Anyone is hard pressed to try and justify $2000-4000 in wrap/coating costs.

It won’t bring more dollars on resale, and don’t give me “it’s easier to clean. For that cost you could pay someone to detail it and someone to polish and wax it for you over your ownership term.

These products are like snake oil... retailers and installers are making a killing with the promise of protection and ease of cleaning. People have been washing, polishing, and waxing/sealing vehicles for a long time with no issues. It’s an expensive solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.

The Xpel reduces rock chips and road debris damage. Plain and simple. Where I live in the winter a vehicle endures nasty road “rash”.

The ceramic coatings do help with clean up. As far as protection? Well, that is open for debate. It’s nothing like the Xpel. But the clean up is substantial. I have 2 black vehicles and after the ceramic coatings the clean up is easily cut in half.

Sam

haysam tawfik

Reaction score
Do you have any experience with detailing? Prices seem a little bit high. I would expect a detail and ceramic coating to cost you around $1000-1400 on average. PPF seems reasonable @ $2800. If you can find a detailing forum/group in the chicago area, they maybe able to help you with the detail and you also get to learn how to take care of your truck if you don't already know how.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is similar going rate for Xpel front $1500, Ceramic Pro $1500, Pentagon IR tint windshield and all windows $1000, Suntek Matte $600 for fenders. Lightbulb heat test for tint convinced me that the IR tint really makes a difference, but pretty high compared to average ceramic tint at $400 job. I had to leave it for a week since they put 4 coats of ceramic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My friend is getting XPEL put on his raptor at the location I mentioned. They're putting it on the front fenders and that's included in the price. They're also doing the B-pillars.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Xpel reduces rock chips and road debris damage. Plain and simple. Where I live in the winter a vehicle endures nasty road “rash”.

The ceramic coatings do help with clean up. As far as protection? Well, that is open for debate. It’s nothing like the Xpel. But the clean up is substantial. I have 2 black vehicles and after the ceramic coatings the clean up is easily cut in half.

Sam

Ceramic coating helps sooooo much when washing your vehicle. It's worth the money if you wash your car yourself. Just blow dry the car with a electric leaf blower or master blaster.