Cement Moon Roof shut?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kuuzi

Reaction score
So ordered the kit, did everything the video on YouTube said. While I had the moon roof out I took out all the seats to do a deep clean. Put the moon roof back in and it would move fine but wouldn’t close.
I noticed the actual rail in runs on was bent and I proceeded to break a piece of while trying to fix it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
K

kuuzi

Reaction score
I’m not sure what to do, I’m going to attempt to close it manually, which means dropping the liner again.... then I’m clear caulking it till the next attempt.

OP
OP
K

kuuzi

Reaction score
Also I ordered the kit off Amazon and the quality wasn’t perfect. I had to shave several things and drill some holes bigger. It was a joke, but now I got a really clean truck and added some sound deadening...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I ordered the kit off Amazon and the quality wasn’t perfect

That pretty much sums up the life experience of gear heads everywhere. I know there’s a shop out there that offers aftermarket replacement parts, but don’t know the name off the top of my head thanks to mine being replaced under the factory warranty.

I’d recommend the Ford replacement parts, fragile as they may be and maybe someone could chime in with the link - I thought it was sun roof doctor or something like that.

I’d be down with a decent carbon fiber 2x panel moon roof delete though.
once you have the track replaced though, you just coat the seals with the expensive, but functional “Krytox” grease, open to vent regularly, even if you immediately close it. Even once a month would be good. You can even periodically open it rearward. Then it won’t be as much drama.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
LOL.

Solar panel. The new carbon fiber.