CCV Hose Connection Removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m trying to install a Mishimoto dual oil catch can and can not sort out how to disengage the CCV hose connections. They’re not the normal “quick connect” that are used on the PCV hose and don’t appear to be a quick connect fitting at all even though Mishimoto says that they are.

IMG_0465.jpeg
Anyone know how to get this to release short of cutting it off at each end?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New emissions regulations require that the CCV be tamper proof. So you have to use a utility knife to cut the lock tabs on the fittings so that they can removed. They cannot be reused once cut, so a new CCV tube needs to be installed.

OP
OP
khildebr

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Explains the change from a quick connect to this style fitting. Oh well, hate to do it but if that’s the only way to remove the fitting, then so be it. Looks like there are two locations (top of fitting and down on the bottom) that will need to be cut in order to remove it.

The kit from Mishimoto has new quick connect fittings on the replacement hoses. Now fingers crossed that it doesn’t cause issues when I take it in for service/emissions testing.

OP
OP
khildebr

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well good thing I tried a dry run of the hoses on the kit before cutting to see if things would be close to working. Turns out that they won’t work on the 2022 Raptor. This was later confirmed by Mishimoto after sending them an email pointing out the change in the CCV fittings to tamper proof and my concerns with the fitment of the hoses and an apparent change in what Mishimoto calls a “plastic prop” that holds the ground wire on a stud to the left of the actual ground wire mount point for stress relief (the instructions seem to think it can be pulled off but it sure looks to be a one time use push on that is not removable). To their credit, they responded saying that “because of changes made by Ford to the CCV side on the 2022 Raptor, the dual catch can configuration will not work.” They will be sending me a new mount and hoses so the PCV can will be able to be used along with a note that they are working on a modified dual system and once that hits the market, they will provide the necessary parts to make the kit work.

So I’m impressed by the response from Mishimoto (very upright). Although I wish that their website noted the lack of fitment for 2022+ model year Raptors. I’m also darned happy that @FordTechOne alerted me about the tamper proof connection and what needed to be done to remove them; which made me decide to take a closer look at things before jumping right in and cutting the connections along with asking for clarification from the manufacturer before making a mistake where I would be needing to track down a replacement CCV hose.

The later two things aren’t my normal approach. :D

Last edited:

MNLeadfoot

Reaction score
Good for you for not just sending it! I would be stuck without a truck and kicking myself for not thinking things through.

OP
OP
khildebr

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, got the package that was promised by Mishimoto and it was the same hoses and installation instructions that I already had and not a new mount. I guess they think that they’ve “Fixed” the problem that they said wouldn’t allow the two catch can system to work. News flash, they haven’t. :mad:

I’m torn between just tossing the whole kit in the trash or trying to work through Mishimoto’s customer service again. It just boggles the mind what they were thinking as the kit flat out won’t work as they say it should due to the changes mentioned. o_O

Last edited: