CargoGlide Quality?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting around to following @John M BUNMAN ’s advice about installing a CargoGlide in the Raptor but have noted that Decked purchased CargoGlide in March of 2022. In reading comments, it appeared that CargoGlide is generally considered to be of better quality than Decked’s product So I’m wondering if the CargoGlide product quality is the same as it was before their acquisition by Decked? Has anyone purchased a CargoGlide recently and could offer an opinion on if it is still the same or if changes have been made that make it less desirable?

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Wow I hadn’t heard that. I would think as long as they kept the same amount and quality of rollers and the mechanism the same, the quality would remain?
Maybe some kind of internet search or a call to the new company would provide the answers? On my 2010 I had a Bed Slide brand I think? The Cargo Glide was superior to that one. I’ve always heard good things about Decked.

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh interesting, I didn't know that Decked offered slides now..
I ended up doing a custom built one from Slide master out of Wisconsin. Ran me ~$1700 + shipping and had to get a custom bracket made since they didn't provide any mounting hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_4420.jpeg
    IMG_4420.jpeg
    282.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4840.jpeg
    IMG_4840.jpeg
    280.1 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
khildebr

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a follow up to my first post, I did go ahead and get a CargoGlide for the Raptor. I did some research and talked with the dealer and it appears that there are no changes other than cosmetic ones (badges and shift to Decked colors). So the build quality is the same. I’m impressed with how smooth the glide action is even with a load and the ability to lock the glide at various points in its travel. The only down sides that I found were the amount of bed height that it takes (the bed floor now sits about 6 inches higher) and that it doesn’t use the existing bed bolts to mount (Decked says they are working on this but have no ETA on when it will be available if ever) but both of these were known issues before I decided to buy it.

All in all, I’m very happy with my purchase and for what I was wanting it for (easy access to items that would be at the bulkhead end of the bed) it’s perfect.IMG_9422.jpeg