Carbon fiber parts from Covid boredom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you’re not very in tune with the difference between revenue and profit? For the prices we paid, that guy barely made any profit. Probably just enough to cover the abundance of time spent on everything. Need to stop looking at it like a massive business enterprise and realize he was a guy giving people a hookup.

Risk has perceived value in every transaction in life. On one extreme, buy from a guy selling a TV out of the trunk of his car…you save money but own all the risk. Buy one from BestBuy with a protection plan for a premium but own little-to-no risk. Stop being a stereotypical dumb American thinking everyone owes you. You chose to risk buying something from “a guy” on a forum…you saved money and own more risk.
are you huffing paint?
Dudes just asking for a simple response back for a product he bought and now he has to hear this retarded rant.
It would be something else if this guy was throwing a massive hissy fit and threatening to sue or whatever crap.

justinh

Reaction score
are you huffing paint?
Dudes just asking for a simple response back for a product he bought and now he has to hear this retarded rant.
It would be something else if this guy was throwing a massive hissy fit and threatening to sue or whatever crap.
Thank you!

Based on the responses I’ve gotten here it’s clear most people can’t/aren’t reading or understanding. I’m simply trying to get in touch with the guy. Several people over the last few months apparently have and he had indicated there were issues and he was going to have more parts available, I wouldn’t expect them to be free.

That, btw, is consistent with my initial experience with him as he offered to replace parts due to damaged mounting tabs which I declined because I was able to make them work.

Were the parts a good deal? Yes

Did I prepay for half my order (which I assumed going in was how he was financing this whole project) which took several months longer than expected to be delivered? Yes

Do I understand how business works? Yes

Do I understand revenue via profit? Yes

Do I understand why some people get responses to messages and others don’t? Nope

For all those that think I'm out to get the guy - here are my 2 private messages to him over the last 6 months, some of you people take the internet way too serious...
1696863127966.png
and
1696863152827.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me start by apologizing. Last thing I wanted to have happen is people get aggravated. I have been off the grid for quite a while. My brother went on for a brain tumor removal at University of Pennsylvania, a well respected hospital. He was golfing two days before the surgery and the surgeon said he would be back golfing in a few weeks. he hasn't walked or talked since. He had no will, no living will, no POA, nothing. They transferred him to a nursing home which is a complete shit hole. I have been trying to get him out since he arrived which included selling his house, buying him a more suitable house and fixing it up to accommodate his condition. I don't have anyone else assisting me with any of this. I am doing this solo. During this time our father passed away, my girlfriends mother was diagnosed with a Glioblastoma and her sister with breast cancer. As of today the nursing home has called adult protective services on me because they said my brother needs 24 hour "Skilled" nursing. Which is not true. 16 hours a day is fine he doesn't need it when he is sleeping. Also they will only release him under AMA (against medical advice) and then there is a possibility his insurance can retroactively deny related paid claims and I would become responsible for. That being said this has just been a ****** up year. My apologies again for going awol but I had to check out of everything unrelated to the family for a while, my mental health was starting to get seriously affected by the stress.

Well, now that I made everyone depressed for the holidays let me get to the parts.

@justinh I totally understand your frustration but I would never screw anyone over. Please remember and look back on this thread. When I first started this I sent people items with no money. They just paid me when they got the items. That was because people thought I was scamming people. As far as the deposit goes, well that was so I just didn't get stuck with the items if people backed out. I just wanted to extend a situation that I had come across due to my work in racing. I think that one of orders just had either a breakdown in the UV/urethane or poor preparation for the gloss stage or both. Either or is unacceptable and it falls on me so regardless I will make it right. I do have 15 or so sets that I ordered that are with me but it may just be easier to refund the purchase.

The money part though, well that is kinda funny, I will put it to you this way, if i showed you a P/L statement of this venture you would just ask "Why"?

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anthony, so sorry to hear about your family situation. Hope all works out for the best.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Family is more important than truck parts. You are more important than truck parts. Get everything sorted. That's the priority.

Let us know when you are back up and running. I will order a set when you are.

justinh

Reaction score
I’ll wager a carbon fiber hood vent that he doesn’t take the refund anymore.
Since I’m sure you’re referring to me since we’ve been down this road before, I never asked for a refund nor expected one nor will I accept the one he offered.

He and I chatted privately, he gave me the info I needed on the original coating and how he would suggest getting it fixed.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I’m sure you’re referring to me since we’ve been down this road before, I never asked for a refund nor expected one nor will I accept the one he offered.

He and I chatted privately, he gave me the info I needed on the original coating and how he would suggest getting it fixed.
1702432840066.gif