Carbon Fiber Exhaust tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrewRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TrewRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna make a supposition here and say that people after CF tips for their Raptor not only don't care about departure clearance, but don't know what it means either.
The departure angle you're commenting on is minimal. The only way you're going to see a big difference is if you get rid of the duals and a do an axle back cut off with a tuck away exhaust. It's alright to have nice things and still take the truck off road.
To each there own.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a significant reduction in departure clearance to me.

If that’s an issue with the type of driving you do, won’t change much, if at all compared to stock.

I'm gonna make a supposition here and say that people after CF tips for their Raptor not only don't care about departure clearance, but don't know what it means either.

And I’d bet you’d be making a pretty erroneous supposition. Lot of off roading forum members aren’t necessarily rock crawlers...in fact, probably the majority. And if you care that much about departure angle, you’d be getting rid of the stock tips anyway. And I’d also guess that the vast majority on this forum know what a departure angle is.

Last edited:

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Texas edition Raptor with NY plate? Something is wrong there. :lol:

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t departure angle the curve left after Mike Tyson departed with Evander Holyfield’s ear?

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this one back to topic. Looking for tips as well, love the look for the Ford performance but don't care to alter the sound of our V6. Have looked at various places but no luck. Looking for tips.