Car seat thread lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try looking again. I'll be having one soon and like hazzard said you better ******* believe I'll be doing everything I can to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I had one, he was in the 40 so I had the most floor space, but with two, I put the youngest on the passenger side and oldest on the drivers side. I did this because I can keep all the cars / car seats the same. In the other two vehicles, the rearward facing child seat makes you move the front seat way up.

I do the same got 2 boys 4 and 10. so only need one car seat and it stays on the passenger side.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i got a Graco Nautilus that's just like the simpson. got this one in a different colour.

Graco Canada |Nautilus™ Multi Stage Car Seat - Warner

itm-img11861577.jpg

skyl3r

Maniac
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I know that it is not always possible, due to family size or the layout of a vehicle. If it is possible I cannot stress the importance of putting the child in the middle of the Raptor. A good friend of mine just was involved in a horrifying accident in an Escalade. The child is currently in ICU with severe traumatic brain injuries. She was fastened in a car seat, but it was on the outside of the Escalade because it had bucket seats.

Here are some statistics.

It is estimated that rear seating lowered fatal risk for children (ages 0–4) by 26%. Braver et al. (1998) examined the children’s risk of dying in crashes by seat position and belt use and concluded that children were about 10–20% less likely to die in rear center than in rear outboard positions.

I would also like to recommend the Britax carseat. It is the absolute best car seat there is. No, there isnt a simpson version :) But they have a few cool patterns. This is the ONLY carseat my child will ever have. I have worked to many ER shifts and too many years working Pedi Trauma to realize how important this is. The side impact protection is so important. Here is the car seat that I have in my raptor.

britax-frontier-90-128-220-l.jpg

FRONTIER 90 - Car Seats - Britax USA

Here is the one that we used when she was an infant.

britax-pavilion-1143-3e3-l.jpg

PAVILION - Car Seats - Britax USA

Also, please look at your carseats. Many people do not realize that they "expire". Usually around 5 years, so if you are using hand-me-downs, it is possible that that carseat is no longer up to current safety standards.

Sorry to go on and on. Here is a photo of the wreck this week.

DSC00670.jpg

OP
OP
X

Xil3dsmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that it is not always possible, due to family size or the layout of a vehicle. If it is possible I cannot stress the importance of putting the child in the middle of the Raptor. A good friend of mine just was involved in a horrifying accident in an Escalade. The child is currently in ICU with severe traumatic brain injuries. She was fastened in a car seat, but it was on the outside of the Escalade because it had bucket seats.

Here are some statistics.

It is estimated that rear seating lowered fatal risk for children (ages 0–4) by 26%. Braver et al. (1998) examined the children’s risk of dying in crashes by seat position and belt use and concluded that children were about 10–20% less likely to die in rear center than in rear outboard positions.

I would also like to recommend the Britax carseat. It is the absolute best car seat there is. No, there isnt a simpson version :) But they have a few cool patterns. This is the ONLY carseat my child will ever have. I have worked to many ER shifts and too many years working Pedi Trauma to realize how important this is. The side impact protection is so important. Here is the car seat that I have in my raptor.

View attachment 44472

FRONTIER 90 - Car Seats - Britax USA

Here is the one that we used when she was an infant.

View attachment 44473

PAVILION - Car Seats - Britax USA

Also, please look at your carseats. Many people do not realize that they "expire". Usually around 5 years, so if you are using hand-me-downs, it is possible that that carseat is no longer up to current safety standards.

Sorry to go on and on. Here is a photo of the wreck this week.

View attachment 44474

Good info. Thanks for passing it along!

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

I run two Recaro Pro Sports with seat mats under each of them.

Man that's a good idea! I always worry that the car seat will mess up the leather. Anyone else got any other idea from keeping the car seat digging into the leather?