Canadian wanting to purchase from USA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAGGUT

Reaction score
I'm considering a Raptor. At first I was looking for local used ones, but the used prices in Alberta are more than what I can "build online" on the ford.com website. I've contacted a dealer in Montana that has told me that they can not and will not sell a Raptor to someone in Canada because of national territories set in place by Ford. On the other hand, I've heard of other Canadians that have bought from the USA. Is this true? Does anyone know of a dealer (preferably in northwest USA) that is willing to sell me a truck?

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure there are some out there willing to sell to you. They used to have no problem selling to us Canadians, but ford cracked down on it a while ago.

Maybe find a slightly used one down south to avoid the hassle of buying new cross border?

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had to sign a form that I was not exporting my Raptor to Canada when I ordered mine a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if all dealerships are doing that.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The problem with buying from the US is that you have to buy with cash or a line of credit. A bank will not finance an American truck. Plus you have all the fees at the border and tax to pay to get it across. In the end its not as good of a deal for the hassle. A lot of non SVT dealers in alberta/canada sell new American Raptors at discounted prices anyway.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine for sale in Alberta but if you want help importing one I can give you some tips its harder to do than it was when I did mine but still doable

Sent from my S4

Clocked92

Reaction score
The problem with buying from the US is that you have to buy with cash or a line of credit. A bank will not finance an American truck. Plus you have all the fees at the border and tax to pay to get it across. In the end its not as good of a deal for the hassle. A lot of non SVT dealers in alberta/canada sell new American Raptors at discounted prices anyway.

What dealers are you talking to? I talked to Rodeo Ford in Medicine Hat. They have a "used" USA Raptor for sale for $66k and they said they never discount raptors when I pointed out it was from the states.

any joe

Reaction score
I have bought a raptor from the US. As long as it is used its not a big deal but Macman is right about having to have cash to buy one from the states. Until the truck is registered in Canada the banks wont give you a loan. The US ford dealers are not aloud to sell any new vehicle to Canada. It must have been registered in the US before a Canadian can buy it.