camber caster bolts will void your warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricky Bobby

Reaction score
I just put a brand new set a camber caster bolts from the SDHD On my truck. Went out to do a fun little run out in california city the factory bolt broke off ripping the alignment mountains and a arm to shreds. I put the factory nuts back on there and towed it to Galpen ford. At Galpin ford They have a ford representative Come inspect the damage. The representative said that because the caster camber nuts were not factory a could see the marks where they were on the truck that even though the factory bolts were on the truck The warranty was void. I called sdhq And ask them again Do the caster camber nuts void the warranty? And they sed no. I told them what happened and sed it b wize to warn people.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just put a brand new set a camber caster bolts from the SDHD On my truck. Went out to do a fun little run out in california city the factory bolt broke off ripping the alignment mountains and a arm to shreds. I put the factory nuts back on there and towed it to Galpen ford. At Galpin ford They have a ford representative Come inspect the damage. The representative said that because the caster camber nuts were not factory a could see the marks where they were on the truck that even though the factory bolts were on the truck The warranty was void. I called sdhq And ask them again Do the caster camber nuts void the warranty? And they sed no. I told them what happened and sed it b wize to warn people.

SDHQ aint the people that approve warranty's. Maybe you should have asked Ford first before you did what you did...

OP
OP
R

Ricky Bobby

Reaction score
Im just giving everyone else the heads up so they know it dose. I love the camber nuts but if ford sees them on your truck for any reason they will p.hoto it and your warranty is done .

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I cant believe they would void warranty over that unless the bolt wasn't properly torqued. Why not take it to different dealer and see what they say.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant believe they would void warranty over that unless the bolt wasn't properly torqued. Why not take it to different dealer and see what they say.

Once it's in the system, it's done. I can see Ford denying the claim. It's an aftermarket part, and a part that was not factory or dealer installed. Ford has no way of knowing the quality of the part or competency of the installer. I'm pretty liberal about aftermarket parts on new vehicles, and do not like dealers that deny legitimate claims because a vehicle has been modified. This sounds like Ford is not responsible. Are they denying the claim, or voiding your warranty? There is a big difference.

twlhunter65

Reaction score
My dealer did the perch adjustment to middle seting, I told them about the cast & camber kit before hand.They said its not nessisary and would not install it even if i handed it to them.

OP
OP
R

Ricky Bobby

Reaction score
They even told me that everytime you do an alignment you must replace the factory bolts and nuts. I told them show me where is says that on manual or maintenance procedures

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They even told me that everytime you do an alignment you must replace the factory bolts and nuts. I told them show me where is says that on manual or maintenance procedures

They tell you that because once a bolt has been tightened to its torque spec it has been stretched to its yield point and can no longer be stretched again... So it is not reusable... Only reusable bolts are like lugnuts, driveshaft bolts and there are some others...