Called my dealer today about vin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zx1421

Reaction score
I know a lot of you waited over 30 days for a vin, but I guessed most of those were because you ordered before 2013 production even started. The ford website says in about 30 days after order you get a vin, and I have seen many on here get one in about 30 days. So it's been close to 30 for me.
The dealer"redlands ford" says " oh we won't get that till about April" .
The year will be half over by the time I get this truck.

How does the dealer know? Seems by what I read here it's a crap shoot. Could it be they have used up there allocation?

OP
OP
zx1421

zx1421

Reaction score
Anybody ever ask if there is an expedite fee? I do this at city jurisdictions all the time for zoning and permitting. Kind of like a bribe.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's your order # and dealer code?

Brookside

Reaction score
Surprised anyone needs to order and wait at all - there are literally dozens of unsold new 2011, 2012 and now 2013 raptors sitting in Vancouver BC. I can only imagine the ludicrous Canadian pricing is the reason?

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Order# 025R
Dealer F71153

Thank You Blood, and happy new year

Pm sent.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Surprised anyone needs to order and wait at all - there are literally dozens of unsold new 2011, 2012 and now 2013 raptors sitting in Vancouver BC. I can only imagine the ludicrous Canadian pricing is the reason?

I agree prices are crazy in Canada.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Anybody ever ask if there is an expedite fee? I do this at city jurisdictions all the time for zoning and permitting. Kind of like a bribe.

Just to answer this. The dealer can try by giving a low priority code but that's as good as it gets.

Maverick

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've been hearing you have to order if you want a scab. All dealer production are crews.

Juncle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Blood - can you check this one
Order# 152R
Dealer F71153
Thanks, Happy New Year

zx1421 - I ordered with Redlands 10/16/12 and was told then it earliest would be March and it went in as priority 18 - am surprised to see you received a priority 10...
Think it is going to be a while

Brookside

Reaction score
I've been hearing you have to order if you want a scab. All dealer production are crews.

Nope - you can pick any flavor combination. They're all sitting there unsold, including a few lease returns. I keep driving by waiting for them to match the US price. When that happens I'm in - but screw them and the horse they rode in on if they think I'm going to pay them $12,000 for driving one on a transport truck 25 miles north from the border. I can do that myself and pay $200 to get it registered. Ford really must have a bone up their collective asses to screw their canadian customer base so royally. They're not making any friends - that's for sure.