Call me crazy... But...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@chi_weezy - Don't know where in CA you're at but I posted a while back about an in-state dealer here that I ordered mine from for $66k (MSRP $72K) + stupid CA tax. The ONLY one I found in the state willing to work with me as everywhere else wanted the CA standard $6K - $15K over MSRP. Too little, too late - I know. Sorry I didn't catch ya sooner but for any other prospective owners out there, it can be done without the hassle of out of state shipping or any other nonsense.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I don’t know if this helps with your decision but unless the car you’re purchasing or were going to purchase in Idaho is has California emissions you won’t be able to register it in California if it’s new... if it’s used or has more than 7500 miles you can register the vehicle in California even if the emissions are 49 state... I just went through a similar scenario where I was going to order a 2020 raptor and the car broker I was dealing with let me know that when they order the vehicle there is a specific line item that will say California specific emissions...
Sorry but all raptors are 50 state compliant. It has been talked about manny times on here. You have to weight it, pay the fees, and take it to the dmv. If you open the hood the sticker will say CA compliant. That is all that is needed.

Frado760

Reaction score
So unless there’s a sticker that says that the vehicle is California compliant it is not compliant .. attached is a picture of a window sticker from a raptor that is not in California and you can clearly see the line item California emissions... I could be wrong but why would a dealer that I was trying to give 70k cash too say sorry they couldn’t sell me a new truck because it was not compliant

972B31CD-BFFC-4E83-B607-DFDEDF8FE567.png

Frado760

Reaction score
I’m still in the market for
A raptor and if anyone has a raptor
From out of state if they could
Post a picture of the sticker that states it is California compliant that would be awesome... and like I said I could be wrong but I’m just going off the info a dealership told me

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So unless there’s a sticker that says that the vehicle is California compliant it is not compliant .. attached is a picture of a window sticker from a raptor that is not in California and you can clearly see the line item California emissions... I could be wrong but why would a dealer that I was trying to give 70k cash too say sorry they couldn’t sell me a new truck because it was not compliant

View attachment 148589

I think it’s because dealers don’t necessarily know everything even about the vehicles they are trying to sell and they don’t want to take a risk because of their lack of knowledge in the area, no disrespect intended towards salesmen. It isn’t the window sticker the other members are referring to but the sticker under the hood that is the real evidence of emissions.

Frado760

Reaction score
Oh no
I totally get that they don’t want to make a mistake and be liable in some way... and I know the sticker that’s under the hood of the car... but when I went to place the order for the truck the dealership told me there was a specific line item in the ford ordering system for California emissions.... this is all second hand account knowledge I wasn’t the one putting in the order and to some degree I hope I’m wrong since I could get a raptor a lot cheaper out of state than in California

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
upload_2020-7-28_12-46-44.jpeg
This is a FL sticker. Don’t see it. Not saying this truck doesn’t have a sticker under the hood saying it’s CA Emissions equipped though.

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m still in the market for
A raptor and if anyone has a raptor
From out of state if they could
Post a picture of the sticker that states it is California compliant that would be awesome... and like I said I could be wrong but I’m just going off the info a dealership told me

I would try Dogget Ford in Houston. I didn’t take them up on their offer but they offered me about 6k off msrp. I even had them send me a picture under the hood showing California emissions compliant and sure enough it had the proof under the hood that other members swear upon.