Call me crazy... But...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously - What price tag do you place on mental stress? What if you don’t get what you need for the one being sold! Seems like a lot of headache to me!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you contacted the Georgia dealership to see if you can back out of the deal? I would at least check as they might be ok with that, since it never even left the lot. Perhaps they have another customer that was interested, or think they can sell it for a bit more now than they could previously.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Have you contacted the Georgia dealership to see if you can back out of the deal? I would at least check as they might be ok with that, since it never even left the lot. Perhaps they have another customer that was interested, or think they can sell it for a bit more now than they could previously.

I’m actually doing this now just to explore options. Thanks

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d say a dealer can get there price for it. A private sale of a new vehicle? Somebody may try to beat you up further as you may expect.

So are you feeling lucky ??? Or is patience not a virtue at this point?

I would be tracking that truck once he hit the road.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I’d say a dealer can get there price for it. A private sale of a new vehicle? Somebody may try to beat you up further as you may expect.

So are you feeling lucky ??? Or is patience not a virtue at this point?

I would be tracking that truck once he hit the road.

ya I’m just annoyed at this point. Was my mistake I should’ve had more patience. It’s probably a 2-3k risk. I actually prefer the Leadfoot 20’ without the moonroof. But got the Magnetic and I do feel like I’d get at least 68-69 for it here in Ca. I’ve seen all the deals out there so have a pretty good feel for pricing

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was torn between the Leadfoot and Magnetic, as well. When I went to buy mine in 2018, the local dealer had both of them on the lot, so I looked at them side-by-side and chose the Magnetic. I felt the darker Magnetic color looked better and the "Raptor trim" pieces blended in very well vs the Leadfoot where they stood out more. Unlike your case, the Leadfoot had more options I did not want, so the lower price on the Magnetic was somewhat more attractive, as well. (I paid cash, so it was not a deal breaker, either way)

To make up for my indecision on the Leadfoot vs Magnetic, I picked up a 2018 Leadfoot GT350. Now, I have one vehicle of each color and I think they are both fantastic in their respective colors. :cool: (ie. I did not like the Magnetic GT350... Go Figure!)

Good luck with your decision, but I personally would stick with the 2019 Magnetic and skip the gyrations of buying two, only to sell one of them a couple weeks later.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I was torn between the Leadfoot and Magnetic, as well. When I went to buy mine in 2018, the local dealer had both of them on the lot, so I looked at them side-by-side and chose the Magnetic. I felt the darker Magnetic color looked better and the "Raptor trim" pieces blended in very well vs the Leadfoot where they stood out more. Unlike your case, the Leadfoot had more options I did not want, so the lower price on the Magnetic was somewhat more attractive, as well. (I paid cash, so it was not a deal breaker, either way)

To make up for my indecision on the Leadfoot vs Magnetic, I picked up a 2018 Leadfoot GT350. Now, I have one vehicle of each color and I think they are both fantastic in their respective colors. :cool: (ie. I did not like the Magnetic GT350... Go Figure!)

Good luck with your decision, but I personally would stick with the 2019 Magnetic and skip the gyrations of buying two, only to sell one of them a couple weeks later.

haha nice. Thanks for the feedback. Ya I’m leaning toward just waiting a couple more weeks for the Magnetic but we’ll see. I still think 71k in ca is a solid price for a new truck this loaded so if someone serious comes along in the next week or so that’ll open up my options a little more

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have a Leadfoot Scab ordered. Looking at this one down the street in Albuquerque I like it but think I should've ordered the Race Red which was my alternate. I chose the leadfoot because I didn't want a truck that stood out 2 miles away. I'm sure I'll love the leadfoot when it's mine.

IMG_20200727_172531.jpg

IMG_20200727_173846.jpg

Last edited: