Calder Guthrie Custom Raptor Embroidery DEAD ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words Peter. Usually my turn around time is fairly quick. I do not like rushing through orders and making mistakes. This Season has been the busiest I have ever had.

Just in these past 4 months:

-50+ center consoles for various vehicles
-over 100 sets of headrests
-300 build plates
-introduction of a few new products

Its not that I'm lazy and trying to hose everyone over, it's that I am extremely busy and do hardly anything else besides work.

To cure the issues with console turn around times, I will be hiring on some help for installs. I have some pretty neat products that I plan on introducing once all of these build plates are done and I'm caught up.

Thank you everyone.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ctozzi

ctozzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The quality of his stuff is very high and I am extremely happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree the quality he puts out is great. I ordered a console cover ans gauge cluster cover with logos and they were top notch. I also ordered some visor covers and they were really nice also. I know everyone has been coming down on him for delays which I had on my orders also but I've bought covers from other vendors for different vehicles before that came a lot faster but were ****** compared to his stuff. Every company has issues it's how they handle them that's important. Hopefully he uses this as a lesson moving foward. Especially since I want to order some stuff for my other truck lol.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow mine wasn't quite that long sorry to hear that. Has he at least contacted you to say when he was sending it?

I have managed to get a response from him 4-5 times and been told it will be done that day or tomorrow and will have a tracking number soon. But I really am not to worried about it anymore. I mean hell I have blown a hundred bucks on way worse stuff. I just get reminded of it when I catch someone else talking about it in the chatbox.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Calder @Raptor Embroidery whats up with @farman cover? I know it's non of my business but when I see that you're making and sending out laser engraved switch covers already and this poor guy still hasn't received his console cover in over 4 months it's pretty messed up. I've really wanted to order stuff for my white truck since the stuff you made me for my black truck is awesome but I just can't justify doing it when there are still people waiting for their items they paid for months ago. I know you've been busy dude but come on man. 4 months for a cover? Do the right thing and send out the orders that have been patiently waiting before your new stuff. I really hope you get things worked out because I still would like to get covers from you.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From a business perspective, I love the drive and ambition you have Calder, but I would slow down the introduction of new products a little... Don't stop introducing them all together, but you should make sure your processes can handle what you have on your plate now 1000% before introducing new distractions, and other potential growing pains.

Additionally, best part of Customer Service is communication. Even if you have issues with your suppliers, don't take that burden completely on yourself and continue sending people "rose colored glass" updates to them. Tell them the truth and over communicate when a raw material supplier screws you over. I think you will find threads like this won't start if you are communicating the open and honest issues and over communicating with everyone. Most everybody will be more understanding.

Just my two cents.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Hey fellas, just a little update. I talked with my supplier on the phone for about 30 minutes (believe me, it was not a pleasant talk) and kicked them into gear. They promised to not send textured leather any more. The problem with textured leather is it does not match Raptor seats. They would send it any way and after a phone call from me, they would say, "oh sorry, we forgot." Finally after another week or more, I would receive the proper piece. This would put me behind on orders. Finally, the phone call yesterday, they finally understand that I am trying to run a business here, not just a little weekend hobby. All leather I need to complete all outstanding orders is on it's way!

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

I have managed to get a response from him 4-5 times and been told it will be done that day or tomorrow and will have a tracking number soon. But I really am not to worried about it anymore. I mean hell I have blown a hundred bucks on way worse stuff. I just get reminded of it when I catch someone else talking about it in the chatbox.

Your leather will arrive this week. I finally heard from my supplier. The problem with your order is that they kept sending me textured leather and there is no way I would send you the wrong texture of leather. It doesn't match at all.

Your piece will go out at the end of the week or early next week.