CAI, home fabricated!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! i am not sure how long it will take for powder coat and engraving...but it shouldnt take too long, i will for sure post pics when done...

Bstoner, i say do it...the K&N CAI is not ideal for offroading, they made them for pavement. What im basically gonna do is keep the alum tube installed when offroading, but will install the stock air filter while offroading, as it filters out more dirt than the K&N drop in air filter..... I think this is why the dakar version, hennessey and others have kept the stock housing for this purpose alone. The air silencers dont do much of anything, and their only purpose is to eliminate noise...the weight difference between the two is a lot as well.

Thanks again guys! i would say it was a lot of work, but it wasnt LOL prolly took an hour or so to size everything up. took longer for the alum to get shipped to my pad along with the high pressure hoses and clamps.

ipoodman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like DIY's that does something! Once I get my truck I might just do this. Lucky for me, my local Kragen has all the neccesary parts.

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to add, and i think this is an important step after you do all the mods yourself..

But I spoke to a good friend, he mentioned its good to reset your computer (cant remember the exact terminology) after you do the mods so the computer can "re-learn" everything...

So, that drove me to browse through my manual...when you go into "replacing battery" it goes into detail as to how to exactly relearn your computer.

I did this after such installs...and my mileage continues to get better as i continue to run such setup.

i never did this after my exhaust install...but i think its a good idea to do, so everything matches up properly.

im sure i screwed up some of the correct terminology, or what everything is exactly doing, but it definately worked for me. FYI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter