CADILLAC Escalade or Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love my Raptor but I always loved Escalades and especially the newest one. Two totally different vehicles though. One is a luxury cruiser with all the amenities you would ever need, better ride, and the other is the baddest truck in the market, but rougher ride. Ideally, I'd keep my Raptor and get the new Escalade.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, I thought I read it was no longer and I swear the gasoline versions of super duties has the 6.2 now or the last couple of years ilo the v-10

the gas job in the F450/550 is still the 6.8 V10. the 250/350 gets the 6.2

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Escalade EXT was a nice luxury truck but totally different than the Raptor. I guess the Denali is now the closest you can get but I would have considered an EXT myself as most of my offroading will be in the bush to camps and it isn't the most challenging (EXT could have handled it). With that said, they no longer make the EXT and the resale on a Raptor will be far greater than the Caddie. Before somebody says never buy a vehicle for resale, when you only keep them 3-4 years it is for sure a consideration. My SRT10 Ram held value incredibly (received more from insurance than I paid for it 4 years later), my 2010 Harley decent but not quite as well. My current Ram Sport dropped as per usual; moral of the story, stick with more limited models and your resale will stay higher by a percentage of initial cost.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear fiat is bringing a monster truck with chrysler drive-train that runs on recyclables and a small electric motor - its going to be ****, the ultimate all terrain vehicle. It also comes with an optional reefer smokers' package! Can't wait...

Kinghimes

Reaction score
I had a escalade ext for about 2 years, after having the transmission replaced twice I traded it in a brought a raptor. Best thing I could have ever done.