Buying out of state

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taxes were killer writing a $7k check, but the truck is fun and practical. People that live in Oregon or Montana don’t pay any vehicle tax. The wonderful state of Comifornia taxing us to death and trying to restrict our gun rights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drarhiii3

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the info, I’m just waiting on the papers to arrive, sign and mail back. I told them about the warranty from another dealer for much less and they wouldn’t match so I told him I would get it on my own. I will save almost $1400 fromflood compared to what they said was their cost and couldn’t go any lower Ima bit nervous never spent this much money without seeing it in person a kicking some tires... Some of you say there will be a lot of taxes when I go to dmv? The dealer is charging me CA tax and registration fees so is there something else I’m missing?

drarhiii3

Reaction score
If the dealer is collecting CA state sales tax they’ll fwd that to the state and have all that documented on the buyers order. When you get to the dmv you’ll have to show that paperwork when u go in to register. You’ll be responsible for any local city/county taxes for vehicle purchases plus any other of the small money-grab taxes from the city/county you’re registering in.

profunctional

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I order cars out of state all the time. Can't help with the smog question, but each time the car arrived I carefully inspected exterior and interior and made sure anything off was annotated on the delivery drivers forms. Don't let the driver leave until you are confident that everything looks good. Even if its not the driver's fault it should be noted because if the dealer sent something with damage this will be your chance to either reject or get it rectified.

OP
OP
Wrong Way

Wrong Way

Full Access Member
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg Thanks everyone for all the info, my truck arrived in good condition except for some scratches on the rear bumper and an empty gas tank. I contacted the dealer and they sent me pics on the day it left so it’s the transport co. After some pics sent back and fourth they want me to get an estimate to get it fixed and they will cover it. Just had the windows tinted today, gettin ready for a trip to the river this weekend.

NeoLeo

Reaction score
You can buy from any Ford Dealership. There are some online that offer better prices then others. I have used zeigler Ford a couple times. You can email or call and get an even better price than just using their online tool. They also gave me a refund very fast each time I sold vehicles and no longer needed the remaining warranty. Their URL is

https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/default.aspx
Bob Cline is who I have dealt with in the past.

Thank you for this info, VinceC!!!

BTW - per my earlier post - it's Koons Ford (Sterling, VA)

poofyo101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered from James at Tindol Ford in Gastonia,NC (right outside of charlotte). Invoice pricing no haggling and great guy. Tell them Truth sent you