Bumpstops with Deavers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Phil Howell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Phil,
I was just talking to Morris Hansen ( I work with him one office over) this morning about your truck and the Deaver swap.

I look forward to seeing some Raptor love in coming issues of 4wd&SU!
Dennis

Hi Dennis. You will. There will be a couple of build features (there's not much to do that improves the Raptor), then you'll be seeing the truck on the trail.

Todd2

Reaction score
Can someone give me the Teraflex part numbers for these bumpstop extenders. I've tried to order them (even emailed the pic from here) with no luck. I'm being sent links to all sorts of stuff - except these Jeep JK 2.5" rear bumpstop extenders - how hard can it be? Also, who should I buy them from, that'll know what I'm talking about? Thanks.

Todd

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score

Todd2

Reaction score

Well, that's new!

I have a question, why does your top spring plate have holes large enough to fit around the 2 nuts holding the spring pack together, rather than the holes being smaller in order to allow just the bolts to pass through the spring plate, and the nuts to bolt the spring plate to the top of the spring pack? I noticed this is how the stock spring plate is recommended to be modified in order to be installed on the Deaver spring pack. Why can I not c-clamp the spring pack together temporarily, loosen the spring pack nuts, and simply bolt the spring plate to the top of the Deaver spring pack like the stock set-up? I know your spring plate may be thicker, but the stock spring plate isn't. I want to bolt the spring plate down like stock (yes, the u-bolts hold it down).

This is harder to explain than you might first think. Thanks for trying to answer my question.

Todd

Todd2

Reaction score

Thanks! I believe this explains my problem. I was trying to order the 2.5" JK bumpstop extensions. Apparently, there is no such thing. Instead, I should have asked for 4" JK bumpstops that the Raptor's 'rubber' bump stops will slip into - making the 4" JK bumpstops into 2.5" extensions for the Raptor (when used with the stock Raptor bumpstops). I just went form 0 to 2 options to choose from.

Todd