Built Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pavendort

Reaction score
RMB Motorworks makes a few stage kits that are pricey, but seem pretty overbuilt. I believe even a 4.2 stroke short block. Though I haven't seen one in person yet.

pavendort

Reaction score
Goose has made over 700hp with bolt ons and tuning. Why not go for more than 700hp?
E85 I think? 700 in a Raptor is the ideal amount of fun. But if I were to go built, I am shooting for 1000 or more. One day, when the wife OKs my plans.

OP
OP
S

scsponger31

Reaction score
I have been here since 2020 and definitley been more lurker than contributor. I have also recently come to terms with the fact that I will never be able to justify the pricing for a Raptor R.

So far, I have focused my efforts on suspension and my race car (which is still where my heart is). I am goose tuned but question putting bigger turbos or even an E85 tune on a motor with almost 70k miles. I have seen the RMB and Mountune motors but would love feedback from someone that has done it.

I do take mine in the dirt and dont want to get stuck because I sent it too hard and blew the motor haha.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough......

I would def consult the "Gooser" or just Goose if he is sensitive about my nickname that I just made up.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will email Mr. Winfield.
I have been down the same rabbit hole as yourself. I am currently running e85 only in the warm months via @GooseTuned. If you already have the CAI and upgraded intercooler you can purchase the XDI HPFP from Winfield and takes ~60 minutes to install the first time. I have had to change my high pressure fuel pumps 3 times and I can now do it in 20 minutes.

I have been switching between e85 in the warm months and 91 tune for colder months. I now have 94,000 miles. My truck has had some form of a tune since around ~10,000 miles. The difference between the 91 tune and e85 is night and day. Your gas mileage is gonna be garbage.

With my e85 super cab (CAI, intercooler, HPFP, AMS boost tubes, down pipes) I can run with my friends TRX. It helps I am a good 1000 lbs lighter than his truck. I beyond killed a Gen 3 a few nights ago. I referred the guy to Goose because he couldn’t believe I had the “same” ecoboost motor as him.

Knock on wood I have not had to deal with the cam phasers (yet). Truck is still nice and quiet. I also agree that the prices being “asked” for the Raptor R is just stupid.

I just drive my Turbo S if I really want to know what handling and speed is supposed to feel like, my Turbo S was cheaper than what Raptor R’s are selling for right now.

OP
OP
S

scsponger31

Reaction score
I have been down the same rabbit hole as yourself. I am currently running e85 only in the warm months via @GooseTuned. If you already have the CAI and upgraded intercooler you can purchase the XDI HPFP from Winfield and takes ~60 minutes to install the first time. I have had to change my high pressure fuel pumps 3 times and I can now do it in 20 minutes.

I have been switching between e85 in the warm months and 91 tune for colder months. I now have 94,000 miles. My truck has had some form of a tune since around ~10,000 miles. The difference between the 91 tune and e85 is night and day. Your gas mileage is gonna be garbage.

With my e85 super cab (CAI, intercooler, HPFP, AMS boost tubes, down pipes) I can run with my friends TRX. It helps I am a good 1000 lbs lighter than his truck. I beyond killed a Gen 3 a few nights ago. I referred the guy to Goose because he couldn’t believe I had the “same” ecoboost motor as him.

Knock on wood I have not had to deal with the cam phasers (yet). Truck is still nice and quiet. I also agree that the prices being “asked” for the Raptor R is just stupid.

I just drive my Turbo S if I really want to know what handling and speed is supposed to feel like, my Turbo S was cheaper than what Raptor R’s are selling for right now.

Thanks for the input! Cam phasers have been done at least twice on my truck. I am in the same boat. If I want to go really fast I take the GT500 out, although the Raptor gets better traction haha. I came from the Pcar world. My track car prior to the GT500 was a 996TT S. Sometimes I feel like the truck is more similar to the porsche than my mustang is.