Build Week 10/24/2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck just went backwards from Built to In Production…Wth…has this happened to anyone else?
Not on the tracker, but found out from the dealer the truck was built and on its way to being finished and then got placed on a parts hold. So technically yes; but who knows. From the horror stories I’ve read on this forum , it could be worse.

You would think for $80-90 trucks, Ford would do better. These parts and chip delays are getting ridiculous. Other vehicle manufacturers aren’t having the issues that Ford is having. It’s seems like they are all getting back to normal, and there is no reason Ford is so screwed up with special orders.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother-in-law recently took delivery of a 2022 gmc 2500 Denali at4 after a 9 month wait, and it showed up with no heated steering wheel, no heated and cooled seats or park assist. They weren't even aware of any of this until they tried using these features. Ford isn't the only company struggling out there, unfortunately. Hopefully things get back to normal soon.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother-in-law recently took delivery of a 2022 gmc 2500 Denali at4 after a 9 month wait, and it showed up with no heated steering wheel, no heated and cooled seats or park assist. They weren't even aware of any of this until they tried using these features. Ford isn't the only company struggling out there, unfortunately. Hopefully things get back to normal soon.
It’s just bad business; they shouldn’t take special orders unless they have their shit together. Whether it’s GMC, Ford or dodge; parts and chips are causing issue, but they should have a better way to manage it; or convey timelines to the customers and not keep everyone in the dark.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a guy, who knows a guy, that works at Dearborn assembly and he said every truck that comes off that line is missing something.

He also drove an R off the line the other day.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a guy, who knows a guy, that works at Dearborn assembly and he said every truck that comes off that line is missing something.

He also drove an R off the line the other day.
That’s just crazy; and so unacceptable from a customer standpoint.

I understand if those trucks were normal production vehicles headed to regular dealer stock.

But when a customer placed a deposit & picked out their truck after careful considerations; you would think Ford would make that a priority. Especially for FP orders that are in the six figure price range.

OP
OP
Range44

Range44

Reaction score
The difference is GMC is shipping them to be retro fitted later. I have a 2022 AT4 and am taking it in this week to have the heated/cooled seat and steering wheel chip or module installed.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difference is GMC is shipping them to be retro fitted later. I have a 2022 AT4 and am taking it in this week to have the heated/cooled seat and steering wheel chip or module installed.
This is what I think we have all been saying. I understand that it isn’t practical to get the truck with it but they should at least ship it with the option to retrofit later

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s just crazy; and so unacceptable from a customer standpoint.

I understand if those trucks were normal production vehicles headed to regular dealer stock.

But when a customer placed a deposit & picked out their truck after careful considerations; you would think Ford would make that a priority. Especially for FP orders that are in the six figure price range.
Well consider thats why it takes so long to get your truck, because Ford is completing them before you get it minus a few creature comforts.

I do agree though, you pay almost 100k for a truck and treated like the guy buying a Focus. I guess if we want special treatment we are gonna have to buy a GT.