Build Week 10/24/2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well consider thats why it takes so long to get your truck, because Ford is completing them before you get it minus a few creature comforts.

I do agree though, you pay almost 100k for a truck and treated like the guy buying a Focus. I guess if we want special treatment we are gonna have to buy a GT.
Yeah just thought the experience would be better based off the price point.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well consider thats why it takes so long to get your truck, because Ford is completing them before you get it minus a few creature comforts.

I do agree though, you pay almost 100k for a truck and treated like the guy buying a Focus. I guess if we want special treatment we are gonna have to buy a GT.
Yeah, it crazy. But I don’t want special treatment. Just if I made a special order, it should be fulfilled before a normal stock truck is built.

So I found out my dealer ordered a dealership stock Raptor 37 PP on the same date my order went in. That Raptor got a November build date and has been built and awaiting shipment. I was able to use the dealer stock number and vin from the dealer web site to track it. The crazy part is that truck was completed before mine and will arrive at the dealership before mine is completed.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it crazy. But I don’t want special treatment. Just if I made a special order, it should be fulfilled before a normal stock truck is built.

So I found out my dealer ordered a dealership stock Raptor 37 PP on the same date my order went in. That Raptor got a November build date and has been built and awaiting shipment. I was able to use the dealer stock number and vin from the dealer web site to track it. The crazy part is that truck was completed before mine and will arrive at the dealership before mine is completed.
It's all some sort of algorithm to get trucks built...and doesn't always work out in the customer's favor.

Update on mine- Ford and Union Pacific are still saying truck is in IL but VinView just messaged me saying it's in Pearland TX which is my final rail destination before convoy to LA.

Last edited:

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all some sort of algorithm to get trucks built...and doesn't always work out in the customer's favor.

Update on mine- Ford and Union Pacific are still saying truck is in IL but VinView just messaged me saying it's in Pearland TX which is my final rail destination before convoy to LA.
That’s great news , happy for you. You’re finally seeing an end to the journey.

I just hope to see my truck before Christmas.

NewRap4Me

Reaction score

According to my tracker:

Dealer will contact you soon​

The dealership is making the final preparation for your new vehicle, they will be reaching out to you soon to set up your delivery!

Falls in line with the Dealer's estimate of 11/28 - 12/1. Almost home!

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke with my dealer today and the date has been pushed out to 12/9-12/15 for delivery to the dealer. Truck is in Illinois. From there it heads to green bay by pack mule, lol. Been trying to sell our 2013 raptor. Not as easy as I thought it would be. All three parties who expressed interest in it before it was ever for sale passed on it. Gonna take it in the shorts if I gotta trade it in.