Build to delivery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

medic001918

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question. My truck has a build week of 12/2. How long does it usually take for the truck to be delivered to the dealer after it's built?

Shane

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck was built at dearborn pant 11/7 . It should arrive to dealer in upstate NY this coming week via convoy ( car carrier )

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been told everything from 4 weeks to two and a half months. I think there are a lot of variables that come into play. Look at it this way..............think back when you were a kid waiting for Christmas...............the waiting was really the best part!!!

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been told everything from 4 weeks to two and a half months. I think there are a lot of variables that come into play. Look at it this way..............think back when you were a kid waiting for Christmas...............the waiting was really the best part!!!

2.5 months? I don't see how it would take that long... I know they wait to fill up a train before they ship some, so I could see a month or so.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2.5 months? I don't see how it would take that long... I know they wait to fill up a train before they ship some, so I could see a month or so.

Keep in mind they don't just build Raptors but all models at Dearborn plant and they are all mixed up together. They have a specific amount they will build out per month. So......you could hit the time just right or just wrong. Also where you live certainly impacts delivery time. The actual build time is just about two eight hour shifts.

Jeff Quinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No way. Waiting for Christmas was a slow Hell. Waiting for my Raptor is even worse. My build week is December 9th. i was hoping to have it by Christmas, but it looks doubtful at this point. Waiting is not even close to the best part.

jeff

Black Lab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine in Oct & was cursed with a 12/2 build date also. The big variable is if Ford builds them before they close the plant for the week between holidays....

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Best deal I got was $1500 off the MSRP on a 2013. How'd you guys do?

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No way. Waiting for Christmas was a slow Hell. Waiting for my Raptor is even worse. My build week is December 9th. i was hoping to have it by Christmas, but it looks doubtful at this point. Waiting is not even close to the best part.

jeff

You must have been a mean little kid. Waiting is always the most fun. Just like going on a date knowing your gonna get laid later. Now admit it........that has to put you in a good mood.