GEN 2 BUILD DATE TO DELIVERY: Fastest turnovers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered when banks opened in july, was jumped by another order somehow from ford, scheduled 1/3/17 supposed to arrive around 1/20.

82Kuba

Reaction score
Is that 8-12 weeks from your order date or 8-12 weeks from your build date? Did they give you a estimated build date?

He said 8-12 weeks from the time he submits the order. He let me press the return key on his computer and I submitted the order Saturday.. Hehe

Hopefully the clock starts ticking on Monday. Let's see.

I'm out of the country the next 2 weeks so I hope to have an update by the time I get back.

Merlin69

Reaction score
Is that 8-12 weeks from your order date or 8-12 weeks from your build date? Did they give you a estimated build date?

He said 8-12 weeks from the time he submits the order. He let me press the return key on his computer and I submitted the order Saturday.. Hehe

Hopefully the clock starts ticking on Monday. Let's see.

I'm out of the country the next 2 weeks so I hope to have an update by the time I get back.

If that's true, given the time frame I was told plus the wait these other guys on this forum have waited that would be incredible!

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

fidds,

Do you have graphics or spray in bed liner?

Does the spray in bed liner slow builds down?

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that's true, given the time frame I was told plus the wait these other guys on this forum have waited that would be incredible!

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Does the spray in bed liner slow builds down?

Yes the spray in liner will slow you down. The truck gets shipped off site. I passed on factory spray in bed liner my 2nd time around. Dealer recommended skipping it to save some time. I'm going to have linex done right at the dealer for just about the same price.

OP
OP
G

GaryBacon

Reaction score
@Merlin

According to Ford Performance both the spray in bed liner and graphics slow it down because they are done off site.

@fidds,

Thanks pal. That gives me hope for a swift delivery in Ontario.

Merlin69

Reaction score
Yes the spray in liner will slow you down. The truck gets shipped off site. I passed on factory spray in bed liner my 2nd time around. Dealer recommended skipping it to save some time. I'm going to have linex done right at the dealer for just about the same price.

Damn I wish I would've known. Thanks for the info though. I passed on the BL's and the CF knowing they would slow it down. I'll check with my dealer and see if I can remove it. I just placed my order last Wednesday.

Vince

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vince I was thinking about that on the way home the other night. New model years "usually" come out early fall of the current year. Let's say I didn't get the truck till July/August I'd get screwed out of a whole model year. I wonder at what point they would change the build from a '17 to a '18?

Ordering for 2018 should open up in the summer. Order will not transform from a 17 to 18 order once placed.