Bronco Engine choices?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The v6TT with a hybrid assist would be sweet for off road rock crawling... And freeway on ramps.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I expect that the Bronco will have the same engine options as the Ranger:

1. 2.3L EcoBoost I-4 with Auto Start-Stop
2. None.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford execs have already said it will be a 6cyl and the race truck is using the 2.7L 6cyl.

I can see the 2.4 4cyl on the base trim BUT a 6cyl in the top trim which will most likely "R" trim. They hinted at this during the multiple interviews. We will all know this spring. :)

I expect that the Bronco will have the same engine options as the Ranger:

1. 2.3L EcoBoost I-4 with Auto Start-Stop
2. None.

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep reading info about the bronco and am a bit confused. Are there going to be two versions of the bronco? They keep saying a small one and a big one (not comparing 4 door to 2 door). I am thinking that this offering is the small bronco, and the big one has yet to really be revealed. The renderings produced on this early on were awesome. I had my heart set on buying one if it did end up coming out that way. I think I was looking at what would be the big bronco. The "baby" bronco (maybe call it bronco II like back in the 80s) had features that look like what is shown here. That would also explain the 2.7 engine.

jinskeep

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see the 3.5 EB going away, it's the most modifiable EB they have. EPA dictates all manufactures average 55 MPG by 2025. Ford is currently at 25 MPG across all lines so who knows what's going to happen.

FYI-All electric Mustang Mach E announcement Sunday at LA Auto Show peeps!

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There will be 2 broncos:

- bronco sport based on an escape >> https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/bronco-sport
- bigger bronco based on the 2nd gen ranger platform .. the baja1000 bronco is based on this one.

I keep reading info about the bronco and am a bit confused. Are there going to be two versions of the bronco? They keep saying a small one and a big one (not comparing 4 door to 2 door). I am thinking that this offering is the small bronco, and the big one has yet to really be revealed. The renderings produced on this early on were awesome. I had my heart set on buying one if it did end up coming out that way. I think I was looking at what would be the big bronco. The "baby" bronco (maybe call it bronco II like back in the 80s) had features that look like what is shown here. That would also explain the 2.7 engine.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
bigger bronco based on the 2nd gen ranger platform .. the baja1000 bronco is based on this one.
What?....that IS a small Bronco!
I'm not that impressed with the Ranger, but a 2.7EB would turn that truck into a ripper for sure...
didn't care less for the Bronco II and it sounds like Ford is heading down that road again...If Ford decided to aim at the Chevy ZR2 then that would be cool...but not thinking so...

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see the 3.5 EB going away, it's the most modifiable EB they have. EPA dictates all manufactures average 55 MPG by 2025. Ford is currently at 25 MPG across all lines so who knows what's going to happen.

FYI-All electric Mustang Mach E announcement Sunday at LA Auto Show peeps!

Do you see anything in the future that has the 3.5 shown for an engine?

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh gee why doesn't it have a V8, they put a NEW EB V6 right? Another one eh? Not so many new Ford V8's in the pipeline eh? So many Ford Fanboys got made @ me saying essentially that Ford has relegated itself to being #3 in the domestic V8 crowd, & doesn't seem to care either as they're producing great tt 4's & 6's w/ plenty of power/efficiency & plenty of buyers lol
What's your point? You sound like the one whining here. No one really expects it to have a V8. I'm not butt hurt about it. I love my 6.2 , I got mine.