Brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I feel that a lot of the braking force is eaten up by the "soft" suspension, all that weight transfer and front dive is eating up braking energy. I think the brakes are fine. The brake pedal feel is fine. It just takes a little more pressure to affect slowing after the suspension is pinned down. It just takes getting used to. Just like pinning the accelerator from a stop, the rear squats, a lot, that is using up some of the acceleration energy. If everything was stiffer, like a sports car, it would stop and go a lot quicker. Long travel suspensions use up a lot of energy, that's what they do.

I have had a few occasions to make emergency stops and have locked them up, to whatever extent the ABS allows, a quick chirp, and the shuttering. The brakes are fine. Now, if we're talking some kind of track stuff, who knows, they may fade pretty bad after they get hot. Not my concern though.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Even though we sell Big Brake kits from R1 Concepts and Alcon, our biggest selling brakes are the R1 Concepts Carbon Geomets with the Posi-Quiet pads that we package together. Yes, people will also upgrade the package to SS Lines and even the calipers but just the rotors and pad package will be a nice improvement over stock. We have sold over a thousands of these since we have been an FRF sponsor. If you aren't wanting to spend the money on a BBK but want something better than stock, then this kit really does get you there. Don't forget the promo code.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...ainless-steel-brake-lines-calipers-new.70710/

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you're interested in real world testing difference between the OEM brakes and the Alcon kit, feel free to check out our video: