Brake Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
paj1978

paj1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks like a very nice brake upgrade package. I might request a set of slotted rotors (with no holes) for a truck like the Raptor. Not real likely but possible to get small rock(s) into the rotor holes and then wipe out the pads. I see on Baer website the offer a slotted only rotor option.

When Porsche put big brakes on the Cayenne Turbo they went with solid slotted rotors, for this reason. Always seemed like a good dea to me when thinking about adding bigger brakes.

Link: http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/cayenne/cayenne-turbo/safety/braking-system/

When they came out with the Ceramics for the Cayenne they figured no one would go offroad with that set up. I also imagine they did not want to come up with a second rotor option for the ceramics, since they only come drilled now.

Hey man, these brakes are the way to go for sure... Significant improvement both on and off-road... Plus you don't need to spend $8k on rims to make them fit, or run 20" wheels...

caisaacson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy did the lines on his 2014 and had that problem. I think he ended up buying a new hard line and replaced it during his upgrade after he broke his trying to disassemble it.

I know Jordan (jrockz24) had issues with his stainless lines that he bought from Sdhq as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pt2285

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any thoughts on the rotor and pad package from stage 3??? Not sure if I'm sold on the bear calipers. With a good pad clamping power is clamping power no matter how many Pistons.

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any thoughts on the rotor and pad package from stage 3??? Not sure if I'm sold on the bear calipers. With a good pad clamping power is clamping power no matter how many Pistons.

I tried out some AutoX compound pads from Carbotech and they made a huge difference! These are the only pads I've used that made a noticeable difference. There was zero fade and the stopping distance decreased dramatically. They weren't worth it though, the dust and noise was too much, they chewed through the stock rotors and the pads themselves were toast in about 20k miles.

I've wasted enough money trying out different pad compounds. For the money the Baer brakes isn't a bad deal and the larger rotors and better calipers should make a big difference. I haven't bought the Baers yet but will next time I need new pads and rotors.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the cross drilled and slotted rotors from Freedom Motorsports. Can I just buy the calipers and pads or does this system require you to buy the rotors in the kit as well?