Brake threshold to trigger auto start/stop...could it be adjusted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I can avoid triggering engine shutoff if I hold only light pressure on the brake after coming to a stop. So if I'm going to be stopped for less than 30 seconds, I do that, but if I'm going to sit at a light for a couple minutes, I let it do its thing.

I find it still marginally annoying because the threshold is very low...you have to be *very* light on the brake.

I had a 2020 Gladiator as rental for a trip, and this technique worked much better in it, as it required quite a bit more pressure to trigger auto start/stop. I'd *love* to be able to change the engagement threshold for the Raptor to be the same as that Jeep.

I'm guessing this would be a PCM setting (e.g. requiring a tuner to figure it out) rather than something we can tweak in Forscan. And I'd be almost certain it's not a physical switch that can be adjusted. Anyone have an idea?

I don't want to disable auto start/stop permanently...I do like the feature if I'm going to sit for a minute or two, but don't want it for 30 seconds.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
you can also come to a complete stop and immediately let off the brake and back on. you have to be quick, but you can circumvent the stop if you can beat the clock so to speak.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally just quit worrying about it and don't really notice it anymore. The truck will keep the engine running if it needs to, and if I really care, I'm likely already in sport mode which disables it anyway. As far as parts wearing out....blah blah blah that you will hear from some people, that is what the warranty is for.

Last edited: