Boss 427 Hurricane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dry sump too if at all possible.

Couldn't agree more. Callies Forged crankshaft please. Mahle Titanium connecting rods. Light weight rotating assembly makes for a very high spining RPMs. Maybe Bosch direct fuel injection system as well? Lets make this happen Captin!

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got my Raptor last week so I'm not ready to do anything just yet but come January it's most likely going under the knife. Current plan is to go with a whipple and full exhaust but I would strongly prefer to stay naturally aspirated if I can. This truck is heavy enough as it is.

Speaking of which, is there any chance of an aluminum block? It would be awesome to drop some weight off the front end of this monster.

Anyway, I'm very interested in this. If Ford is serious about doing something and they really only need 5-10 people to commit, I would sign up.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any updates on this? I will have had my Raptor for 4 weeks on Wednesday. Already starting to get the itch.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptor Jesus is holding out on us I think and not going to tell us. Lol. I'm dying to know what's going on with this too.

OP
OP
Chrisandalex1

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raptor Jesus is holding out on us I think and not going to tell us. Lol. I'm dying to know what's going on with this too.

Right now it is on hold. All the players are ready to go, but I need to get the truck finished first. It has been 13 months since I sent the truck up to CA. I want to go play for a bit.

Andy@Livernois

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The biggest issue you will ahve is it would need to be custom everything. Billet crank, custom/billet block at bare minimum. The 6.6 is costly due to some of these custom components, but add in a low volume, custom engine block and it will add close to 5-8k. Not that it's impossible, but honestly, how many people are going to shell out almost 30k on just an engine? I love unique things like this, but there is a reason we abandoned this concept and went with the 6.6 instead. Finding that balance of increased performance/durability/pricing.

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Andy, I agree this will take a custom crank, but I think it is doable with the block we have. The bore spacing is correct and I spoke with Jamal at SVT about the 777 project and was told clearly it used a standard block. Touch base with Mike Schropp in your group as we have had extended conversations about this project. In fact I really enjoyed the visit at your facility, impressive place. This is something G&P Racing has on our list, we are just working out the details of the Dry Sump and cooling systems for our application. Price of course can climb up as you say depending on the level of components you choose to use. Our application is a little demanding so we are looking at everything carefully but I do think there is a market interest in a 7.0L, and that it can be done at balanced price point.

OP
OP
Chrisandalex1

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy, I agree this will take a custom crank, but I think it is doable with the block we have. The bore spacing is correct and I spoke with Jamal at SVT about the 777 project and was told clearly it used a standard block. Touch base with Mike Schropp in your group as we have had extended conversations about this project. In fact I really enjoyed the visit at your facility, impressive place. This is something G&P Racing has on our list, we are just working out the details of the Dry Sump and cooling systems for our application. Price of course can climb up as you say depending on the level of components you choose to use. Our application is a little demanding so we are looking at everything carefully but I do think there is a market interest in a 7.0L, and that it can be done at balanced price point.

Grant, you are correct. The block does have the spacing to do the 7.0. At least this is the opinion of the head guys at Ford and Roush.

I have a conference call scheduled for this monday with the decision makers on this project to decide how we want to proceed. I will report on the results.

Just FYI, if we want to do just one or two of these they are happy to do it, and I have the go ahead to move on it. However, as Andy says, this is price sensitive.

The only way to get it down to the less than 15K level is to get Roush Marketing to buy into the fact that there is a viable market that makes it worth the time, effort and expense.