Boost numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate_13

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone is seeing, at redline im seeing 17psi then falling off to 14-15psi is this normal? I could have sworn i had been seeing 19-20psi before.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone is seeing, at redline im seeing 17psi then falling off to 14-15psi is this normal? I could have sworn i had been seeing 19-20psi before.
I know I tool a glance and it showed 20 PSI and this video confirms that it'll hold 20 or around PSI:

Skip to 2:07 for gauge view where it shows turbo *not my video*:

OP
OP
N

nate_13

Reaction score
Mines a 2021 gen 3, but thats weird i did just install a AFE momentum force 2 intake but thats just the low pressure side i didnt mess with the high psi side. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
N

nate_13

Reaction score
Ambient temp was 60 and intake temps were 115, wonder if it was cutting back.

lamb00j

Reaction score
Mines a 2021 gen 3, but thats weird i did just install a AFE momentum force 2 intake but thats just the low pressure side i didnt mess with the high psi side. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks for the help!
I was thinking of getting this AFE, but the numbers make no sense on their gains

anity93

Reaction score
Ambient temp was 60 and intake temps were 115, wonder if it was cutting back.
I’m in Arizona and it was triple digits outside, still getting the boost to hit the full 20psi mark when punching it. Not impacted by temps here… 2900 miles in the ODO 22,37pkg

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Are all these trucks stock tune? The fuel will impact many parameters, including the boost values. “Boost” pressure is not a targeted value, so the boost seen is the simply the value required for the engine to meet the Load and Torque targets. Those targets vary depending on boosted air temps and fuel quality (knock). Relatively low boost says the fuel sucks or the turbos are blowing hot air. Ambient temp can be low, but the turbos blow hot.

anity93

Reaction score
Are all these trucks stock tune? The fuel will impact many parameters, including the boost values. “Boost” pressure is not a targeted value, so the boost seen is the simply the value required for the engine to meet the Load and Torque targets. Those targets vary depending on boosted air temps and fuel quality (knock). Relatively low boost says the fuel sucks or the turbos are blowing hot air. Ambient temp can be low, but the turbos blow hot.
Stock, no tune, 91AZ premium hits 20.

mobiia

Reaction score
I'm getting similar numbers on my stock Gen 3, will hit 19 - 20 sometimes, but mostly 17ish redline. Wonder if I have something wrong too if most people hitting 20 constantly. I'm on 91CA, so maybe that's it