Boomba Racing Blow Off VTA adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TK85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You only see the tube if you remove the skid plate cover. You can’t tell you did the vta mod from under the hood

Romans9

Reaction score
Did you end up installing the Boomba? Curious if you can accomplish it just lying under the truck or if it needs to be lifted.

Edit: I managed it without lifting the truck. It's not as simple as their instruction video makes it seems. The adapter has to be installed vertically, not horizontally, due to changes after 2016, and it's a pain in the butt getting the socket to the top bolt if you have large hands...

But it sounds pretty cool.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ittybittyfds

ittybittyfds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went to install it. There is a pipe that goes into the intercooler that needs to be removed so that you can get to the BOV. Removing the pipe through the opening was more challenging then i thought it would be. I ended up not doing it because I got frustrated trying to loosen the clamps to remove the pipe. I was hoping it would only take a few minutes to install but it didnt. i will install it on a weekend day when its not raining...lol

Romans9

Reaction score
i went to install it. There is a pipe that goes into the intercooler that needs to be removed so that you can get to the BOV. Removing the pipe through the opening was more challenging then i thought it would be. I ended up not doing it because I got frustrated trying to loosen the clamps to remove the pipe. I was hoping it would only take a few minutes to install but it didnt. i will install it on a weekend day when its not raining...lol
You don't have to touch the clamp necessarily, just the retaining ring (unless that's what you mean). Pop it off in a few places with a flat head and leave it on the tube you pull off. It's not comfortable dealing with that tight space but I made it work. Definitely will take you a while just finding the right angle and using a socket wrench in there. I would recommend a long 8mm socket - a small socket + extension was too long, whereas just the socket was too short.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or you can simply remove the pipe that goes from the BOV up to the intake, and cap off the “nipple” on the back intake with a 1 and 1/8” diameter rubber chair leg tip:

i-Rb8vgzj-X3.jpg

Last edited:

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any one else running this adapter? any thoughts/updates? thinking of getting as well so hose isnt just dangling.
thx

Romans9

Reaction score
any one else running this adapter? any thoughts/updates? thinking of getting as well so hose isnt just dangling.
thx
Been running it since my last post, no complaints. It makes a lot more noise than I expected, especially if you drive a little aggressively, but I like it. The only thing is install was not as easy as they make it seem.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried both the standard VTA plug as well as the Boomba adapter? Is there any different in sound or volume?