No sound from VTA mod/blow off valve??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
socal raptor

socal raptor

Reaction score
Whole thing seems weird. I watch all these videos and it seems very audible, but you guys are saying it’s relatively quiet. I guess it’s a pointless mod anyway, but if feels like I bought an exhaust expecting it to be loud and it sounds the same.

On the gen 2 raptor there were silencers in the air intake tube that looked like little fans. I pulled those out and the intake sound was very audible. Took this one apart and seems like they got rid of them on the gen 3.

Reaction score
Whole thing seems weird. I watch all these videos and it seems very audible, but you guys are saying it’s relatively quiet. I guess it’s a pointless mod anyway, but if feels like I bought an exhaust expecting it to be loud and it sounds the same.

On the gen 2 raptor there were silencers in the air intake tube that looked like little fans. I pulled those out and the intake sound was very audible. Took this one apart and seems like they got rid of them on the gen 3.
The BOV is definitely audible outside the truck. Just keep in mind that the Gen3 is significantly louder then the Gen2 so it is competing with the exhaust.

blue22raptor

Reaction score
You have to quickly get off the throttle while in higher boost to really hear anything. My 2019 seemed more audible than my 22. Do this while under load (driving), not sitting in neutral. You should def hear something! Try a third gear pull. Manually select third, accelerate to build boost and let off.

jpluc26

Reaction score
I have a 23 raptor and I just put VTA plug on mine and it doesn’t sound any different? I noticed on my gauges when I rev it the boost gauge never goes to psi if I rev it in park? Even driving down the road with the exhaust on quiet I don’t hear anything? Any ideas? Thanks!

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
I did the VTA mod on my 23 Raptor and couldn't hear it at all even with the exhaust in quiet mode. I returned the plug and bought the Boomba Racing BOV adapter as I've heard that's much more audible. Its my first turbo vehicle. I want that full turbo experience!

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
I have a 23 raptor and I just put VTA plug on mine and it doesn’t sound any different? I noticed on my gauges when I rev it the boost gauge never goes to psi if I rev it in park? Even driving down the road with the exhaust on quiet I don’t hear anything? Any ideas? Thanks!
Same here, but I've heard the Boomba Racing adapter will produce a much more audible whoosh on the Gen 3's. I'll report back after it arrives and I can install this week.

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Awesome let me know I might do the same, do you know if that effect the warranty?
if the dealership says the adapter is the root cause of an issue you’re trying have covered by warranty then yes it may affect warranty coverage but it’s easiest enough to revert the BOV back to stock so I’m not too concerned about it.

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Alright for those with a Gen 3 the plug style VTA mod doesn’t work well however the Boomba BOV spacer works perfectly and still a few hundred $$ less than a turbosmart BOV.

Here’s how you install the spacer. Skid to the end for before/after sound clips!