Bluecruise in 2023 Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have only played with it a little, but it seems to keep me pretty well centered if I activate it in the center of the lane. Not a huge fan of the lane keeping but am very pleased with the adaptive cruise. It seems smoother than any other system I have experienced. That being said, when some ******* pulls into your lane it can go into collision avoidance, so you better be ready for that. I am more concerned that I am going to get rear ended if the vehicle behind me isn't paying attention. On at least one occasion, it has been pretty aggressive on the brakes.
I love the adaptive cruise, it just the lane centering that's a little bit off for me.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my lane centering is a little off. seems to hug the left line or the right line depending on which lane I am in. Maybe its planned that way but lane centering should be centering..

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The system in the Gen 3 is definitely one of the better ones out there. Also, I didn’t realize it has an emergency reverse braking feature. I was backing up in my parking garage and I guess it thought I was approaching the parked car behind me too quickly so it braked for me. Good to know it’s there.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea that damn brake assists scares the shit out of me every morning in the summer. I have a big grass next to the drive that gets so big it hangs into the driveway. yup every time I back up without the brakes slightly pressed it stops for me. damn that is a surprise.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea that damn brake assists scares the shit out of me every morning in the summer. I have a big grass next to the drive that gets so big it hangs into the driveway. yup every time I back up without the brakes slightly pressed it stops for me. damn that is a surprise.
Same here. Even though I have the system on both the Raptor and my Explorer, when it comes on I’m thinking “what the heck did I just hit!?!” Never seem to get used to it.