Blessed or Spoiled? My 2012 Arrived!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm an engineer as well, mechanical (Kansas State) and work on the HVAC/energy efficiency side. I have to chuckle since I work with greenies and have a poor MPG truck. Oh well.

Hey it balances itself out! lol

I've got a 700+ rwhp harley truck, and am very invovled in Formula Hybrid SAE cars. The fuel guzzler and the fuel sipper lol. At one point last year, my driveway contained THREE supercharged 5.4 trucks (00 HD, 00 HD, 04 L), a 2011 5.0 Mustang, and an '85 F-150 with a '94 Lightning engine swap, yet I did a ton of work and development on "green" racecars when I was finishing up college. My senior design was the development of a hybrid powered SAE formula racecar, and we actually won 3rd in New Hampshire and 3rd in Italy in 2009. Hybrids can be pretty badazz once you get past the prius mentality and realize the potential of electric motors and that instant full torque. Actually still involved in the Formula Hybrid racing advising the Drexel team throughout the year and attending competitions. So when the prius driving tree huggers want to give me crap about all my supercharged V8's and gas guzzlers in my driveway, I can tell them go shove it because on the flip side I've been helping out on hybrid and electric drivetrain developments in racing applications to help sway that negative menality that those hippies have given to hybrids :ROFLJest: All balances out! lol :peace:

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! She's a beauty!

Im gonna try to make it to CO this summer for some fun in the mountains! Sounds like you are lucky, as most of us here are indeed!

rbw

Reaction score
Congrats, can't wait to get mine. Called SVT yesterday and they said build date is Jan sixth and p/u at dealership the 23rd. Nice job, great wife, beautiful house, living in Colorado--- Luckee Luckee

OP
OP
SHOOTER

SHOOTER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a '11 screw Raptor here in Parker CO several times, I wonder if he's on the board?

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Nice truck!!

The Shelby cobra in the background, looks like maybe a superformance? What motor you got stuffed in there?

Just asking cuz my dad has one! Lol

Sent from somewhere on my DROIDX using Forum Runner

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior pics.

It's official, I like the silver dash equal to the blue accent trim. Both look great. Both are each in a class of thier own. Some might say the Silver is more original and the blue more modern but both are sharp.

BTW-Does the blue door trim match the dash trim in both color and texture?

I'm happy I ordered blue and looking forward to seeing it soon--but the silver looks very clean and imo it highlights the actual dash features better than blue. Blue, however, looks better overall. :waytogo:

I also like not only the black face gauges (white died 5-7 years ago) but also the RED tach arms that LIGHT UP! This means you dont have to see the MPH reading to know your + or - 10mph range @ night. Plus it looks cool. A digital speedo that pops up on front window driver side (like GM cars I hate to say it) would be wicked on the Rap! Future feature maybe once the GM patent runs out which should be soon ie has it been 14 years yet?

*Thanks for posting pics.

PS-dont quote me JUST YET on the Silver and blue dash looking equal....I need to give final verdict in person when I take delivery of mine. I've seen silver in person multiple times so I know whatit looks like not just from pics. I'm feeling the blue but again silver looks great. Congrats on your new ride!

RedWoodred

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Oh, and we have twins on the way in May....

Life advice: stay in school, get a good job and marry UP. :headbang:

So, spoiled, blessed or what?

Nobody else said it, but GRATZ on the twins!
Gratz on the recent 'baby' delivery, too. Now you know you have room for the whole family!

I didn't marry up, but both of us have worked our teamed asses off with the motto, "No matter what it is you want in life, if you are willing to sacrifice to get it, it will be yours."

It works ^.

Reaction score
Congrats on the Raptor!!

We love seeing our customers enjoying their new trucks!

As a little housewarming present from Phil Long Ford of Denver, after you & the wife have fun playing with it in the mountains, why not bring it back by the store and let us give you a complimentary detail!

Ask for Kevin the General Manager (that's me!) and we'll get you taken care of.

As to your original question...blessed or spoiled? Why not be both!

Cheers!