Blackvue DR900S-2CH 4K AND DR750-2CH Dashcam - OVERHEATING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When trying to connect to your camera using the Blackvue app, you are connecting to the camera wifi with your android phone correct?
Correct....I'm seeing the BlackVue camera's SSID and my phone shows connected, but when I launch the BlackVue app and select "Blackvue Wi-Fi", it try's to load up, but always fails.

The other app I use connects fine and I can see live vie as well as recorded events. That app is called "Viewer for Blackvue" (I've also switched to 2.4Ghz and same issue)

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well at least your is remaining on and not shutting down due to overheating. try turning off your phone and turning back on. maybe also remove anything stored in the cache memory.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the BlackVue DR 750s 2ch for almost a year with the power magic pro and have had no issues.
Works great.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well at least your is remaining on and not shutting down due to overheating. try turning off your phone and turning back on. maybe also remove anything stored in the cache memory.

I’ve not had it during the hot summer time, so we’ll see how it does. Today I took the second card out to check the settings and the SD Card was pretty hot and it was only 87 degrees

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I googled "blackvue 900s overheating" and found several interesting links. Seems like there are over heating issue's with some SD cards. May not be associated with the issues mentioned here but possible?? It seems there are quite a few people having an issue with overheating overall, not sure if SD card has anything to do with it or not. Kind of scary. I know I had a 600s in my superduty for 3 years and never had an issue, but it should be mentioned that I almost never used parking mode in it. Still have that one and if this one start giving me problems I will install that one. I was going to put it in the wife's SUV, but may wait till Summer.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/concerns-about-heat-issues-with-the-blackvue-dr900s-2ch.35009/
https://dashcambros.com/blogs/blog/best-sd-cards-for-blackvue-dash-cams
https://www.rdforum.org/index.php?threads/75444/page-2

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I googled "blackvue 900s overheating" and found several interesting links. Seems like there are over heating issue's with some SD cards. May not be associated with the issues mentioned here but possible?? It seems there are quite a few people having an issue with overheating overall, not sure if SD card has anything to do with it or not. Kind of scary. I know I had a 600s in my superduty for 3 years and never had an issue, but it should be mentioned that I almost never used parking mode in it. Still have that one and if this one start giving me problems I will install that one. I was going to put it in the wife's SUV, but may wait till Summer.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/concerns-about-heat-issues-with-the-blackvue-dr900s-2ch.35009/
https://dashcambros.com/blogs/blog/best-sd-cards-for-blackvue-dash-cams
https://www.rdforum.org/index.php?threads/75444/page-2
Thanks but it gives the same OVERHEATING with the Blackvue MicroSD Card 16GB.

Blackvue has an issue with these units that they have yet to resolve. I want to keep the pressure on them to resolve the issue.

They market the product for surveillance when parked and to have 2 units do the exact same thing tells me it's a design or software related issue. The current firmware upgrade did not help.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please update if you get it figured out. Since my cam has not seen a Texas summer yet, I'm betting it will have this issue as well.

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please update if you get it figured out. Since my cam has not seen a Texas summer yet, I'm betting it will have this issue as well.

Interesting enough, when in "parked" mode it starts to OVERHEAT right around 9 - 10 am and the outside temp is about 68F so I believe the OVERHEAT is not caused by environmental factors but the unit itself is generating too much heat when it operates in "parked" mode which is silly because that is one of the main features of the camera system.

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting enough, when in "parked" mode it starts to OVERHEAT right around 9 - 10 am and the outside temp is about 68F so I believe the OVERHEAT is not caused by environmental factors but the unit itself is generating too much heat when it operates in "parked" mode which is silly because that is one of the main features of the camera system.

I agree, used mine today, park mode, and was only away from the truck for about 45 minutes. I felt it when I got back in the truck and it was very warm. Outside temp was only about 55 so
that makes me worry about how it will handle the 100 degree days this summer when I leave it on for four or five hours. Guess I should have done my research before hand.

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The saga continues. Had the wiring replaced today. So far, replaced blackvue front/rear cameras, replaced power magic pro, replaced all wiring, did firmware update, used blackvue's own 16 GB microsd card = OVERHEATING

Blackvue customer service/technical support is not helpful. How is a company able to market a product that does not work is beyond me. Wish I had known all of this prior to purchasing.