Blackvue DR900S-2CH 4K AND DR750-2CH Dashcam - OVERHEATING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been getting the overheating issue on a more regular basis now. So yesterday I decided to place temp sensors near the front unit and rear unit. Front temperature displayed 135°, rear was 161° (Pretty direct sunlight exposure). The unit kept notifying me of it shutting down due to overheating”.
I like the device other than this problem, but have yet to find a better replacement. Using a hotspot I like the ability to kind see what going on when away, but if this keeps going, it’s pointless.
I think most people are not using a Hotspot so they likely do not know its overheating

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think most people are not using a Hotspot so they likely do not know its overheating

How else does it notify you? Is yours overheating while driving? Mine never overheated until I connected it to a hotspot and the A/C wasn’t operating (parked).

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently left mine facing the sun in parking mode. Was gone for a few hours. Came back to the camera hanging from the power cord.
Guess my heavy duty 3m tape wasn't so heavy duty. Anyway, dang near burned my hand when I touched it. Dropped it like a hot potato.
Was still powered up though. Uneasy feeling to say the least.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m still receiving overheating issues so I’m thinking of going with the Vanguard S1 on sale till the 29th for $150. Operating temps are advertised ay -4 to 158°F...this is a dual camera system.

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m still receiving overheating issues so I’m thinking of going with the Vanguard S1 on sale till the 29th for $150. Operating temps are advertised ay -4 to 158°F...this is a dual camera system.
I think there is a problem with quality control on these units. The 3rd unit installed has not given the overheat warning lately and it has been hotter so go figure.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there is a problem with quality control on these units. The 3rd unit installed has not given the overheat warning lately and it has been hotter so go figure.

Did your 3rd replacement resolve your issue?

SD64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have an IR temperature gun so you can check the temperature of the camera housing on a hot day? Just curious because I remember melting a security badge to a clear plastic badge holder when I left it on my dash on a 80 degree day and that badge was white, not black.

Maybe check out getting clear or light film installed on the windshield like Llumar Air 80 or 3M Crystalline 90. They do a good job blocking heat and infrared. Noticeable lower temp when touching the dash with window film installed.