Blackvue DR900S-2CH 4K AND DR750-2CH Dashcam - OVERHEATING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had installed a Blackvue DR900S-2CH 4K Dashcam integrated with the Power Magic Pro and the unit keeps shutting down due to overheating.

The temperature outside is only 68F and interior temp is not much higher but this is the SECOND unit that is overheating.

After contacting Blackvue, they recommend doing the software upgrade but I let them know the original one had the firmware upgrade and overheated. And now the 2nd one which I did not do the upgrade is overheating.

They are now asking for the Power Magic Pro to be replaced.

Anyone else have overheating problems with this make/model of dashcam?

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet. I have the same cam and , knock on wood, it has worked perfectly. Mine is also wired with the power magic pro.
As a side note, I have only turned on the power magic pro twice in order to use the parking mode. I normally leave it off.

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet. I have the same cam and , knock on wood, it has worked perfectly. Mine is also wired with the power magic pro.
As a side note, I have only turned on the power magic pro twice in order to use the parking mode. I normally leave it off.

So what happens if the car is damaged when it is parked and the Power Magic Pro is turned off?

Just had the shop replace the Power Magic Pro so will see if that solves the problem.

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OVERHEATED again despite having the Power Magic Pro replaced. Another call to Blackvue - 844-694-4469 to see what else it could be.

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what happens if the car is damaged when it is parked and the Power Magic Pro is turned off?

Just had the shop replace the Power Magic Pro so will see if that solves the problem.
In that case there would be no video. I have only turned it on when the truck has been parked for any length of time and I just haven't driven it that much as of yet.
I do plan to drive it more and of course will use the parking mode when I leave it for more than just a few minutes so I guess time will tell.

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone considering buying a Blackvue, buyer beware. It looks like Blackvue has a problem with the camera and it persists no matter the firmware version. As of yet, no fix.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From Phoenix, AZ...no overheating issue as of yet. My only issue at present is connecting to the camera via WiFi using the Android App. it works about 10% of the time. Its not connecting to the cloud via hotspot either.
Using a different app I can connect to the camera and see live view stuff as well as regular recordings, but not via the regular BlackVue App

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From Phoenix, AZ...no overheating issue as of yet. My only issue at present is connecting to the camera via WiFi using the Android App. it works about 10% of the time. Its not connecting to the cloud via hotspot either.
Using a different app I can connect to the camera and see live view stuff as well as regular recordings, but not via the regular BlackVue App

When trying to connect to your camera using the Blackvue app, you are connecting to the camera wifi with your android phone correct?