BFG tire wear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
warrior

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
amazes me their is so many differences in tire wear. maybe mine where made on Friday?

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
7386-img-20130926-155537-891.jpg

7387-img-20130926-155550-610.jpg

Proof is in the pictures right?

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have almost 50K on mine. Traction and wear have been outstanding, I love the BFG's. I am getting some inside wear on the fronts, but I suspect I knocked it out of camber at the dunes....probably at the same time I bent the shit out of my front skidplate. Time to get new shoes now. I like lots of other tires out there, but for the money, wear, traction and weight, it's hard to beat the BFG TA/KO's. BTW, I did sipe them at about 25K and in my experience does (slightly) improve wear, but significantly improves wet, snow and ice traction.

Last edited:

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me more about the warranty replacement... I have 17000 km sooo about 11k miles and mine are showing cracks on the carcass between some of the treads! Only bought it new in February.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One thing about the BFG's on our rigs is they are very consistent in quality. The variable milege I think is driving conditions and styles. I've never been able to get more than 20k on a set of these running 4 sets on four different 1/2 tons. I'm on the money in rotations and run right at max air pressures unless I'm offroad in soft conditions. I'm in no way harping on 20k considering how I drive. Which is basically like I drove my B class camaro. 50% dirt road 50% New England quality (marginal at best) roads.
I don't think these are the best tires nor the worst. At 322.00 shipped online each they are a good value in my opinion. Like many here indicated,if your driving habits are decent you can get great milege out of them. And if the habits are down right nasty like mine,meh, marginal by my own choice. Kind of like my fuel bill. If I wanted to save money on gas I'd buy......no I wouldn't.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

My ford dealer warrantied my tires 100% on my last truck because of dry rot. I did my research and I think I should have paid a portion of it but somehow they just covered it. I wasn't about to argue to pay something!

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/bfg-dry-rot-4527/

Pretty rare disease for these tires,although all tires are subject to oil/composition imbalances. A batch of 1000 tires in 500,000 I believe is the ratio? And they are great in covering them as in your case. :)

2manytrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine are wearing in a weird pattern of every other tread. Typically I would think that this was shock related as in not enough down force being put on the front tires. The dealer did another alignment and adjusted the toe. Now they are wearing on the inside edge... I lowered the tire pressure to 42#'s to see if that would help.